Friday, September 30, 2022

Rest in Peace: Glenn Campbell

 ARIZONA TODAY

        LYLE J. RAPACKI, Ph.D.

                    ____________

 

 

COMMENTARY AND PERSONAL REMARKS

By    Lyle J. Rapacki, Ph.D.

         Host and Commentator

         September the 30th, 2022

 

 

The day after Thanksgiving of 2017, I wrote an article honoring music legend Glenn Campbell.  I was greatly moved to share some thoughts as his final song, I’m Not Gonna Miss You aired and Glenn’s words were (still are) emotionally moving, simple and profound. 

I played his song several times, and recalling the love he had for his wife Kim made this simple and penetrating song all the more meaningful.  As I wrote in my article (the link to his song is below) “…how many times in your life have you taken for granted the loved ones close to you?”  Equally special to me was the manner by which his lovely wife, Kim, valiantly and graciously, with full and complete trust in the Lord of All Creation, stood by Glenn’s side during his horrific battle with Alzheimer’s till he breathed his last and went to live with his Heavenly Father and Forever family.  Glenn Campbell and Kim Campbell had a true and for real love story.

 

I learned some about Glenn and Kim Campbell and their struggle while attending a Messianic Fellowship in Phoenix, Arizona with Rabbi Jack Zimmerman as the Senior Rabbi.  Glenn and Kim Campbell were also Arizona residents. For those of you who watch my national show ARIZONA TODAY , you know Rabbi Zimmerman and I enjoy an on-going conversation going back nearly a year as of this writing.  I met Rabbi Zimmerman as I attended his congregation for several years beginning in 2015.  Between our congregation praying for Glenn and Kim, hearing of their trust in the Lord as they walked through their own Valley of the Shadow of death, and then hearing the song, “I’m Not Gonna  Miss You,” well…sitting down and placing words on paper and between tears was easy compared to their brave and humbling struggle.

 

I think Glenn Campbell would enjoy knowing you, too, are moved by his words, his tune, the feeling from his heart to his wife.  I have reason to believe Kim would be perfectly OK with such knowing, too.  Who and what can you give thanks for?  All around us are struggles, and as I write this more are on the horizon.  But pause and consider what God’s Word teaches, that we are to give thanks in all things – NOT FOR all things, but IN ALL things.  No matter what dilemma you are facing, I pray you will learn to look UP and not merely focus on the struggles and challenges in front of you.  Look UP and give thanks to the Lord of lords and King of kings who is the full and complete answer to your struggles, challenges, ordeals, heartaches, disappointments, loss. 

 

May Glenn Campbell’s song “I’m Not Gonna Miss You” touch your heart in a wonderful manner.  May God’s love and the Holy Spirit’s friendship also become quite real for you today, tomorrow, and into your tomorrow’s tomorrow!

 

This is the link: https://ipatriot.com/rest-peace-glenn-campbell/

 

Lyle J. Rapacki, Ph.D.

_________________________

LYLE J. RAPACKI, Ph.D.

ARIZONA TODAY

Host and Commentator

Post Office Box 171 

Skull Valley, Arizona 86338

Email:  arizona2day@gmail.com

Website:  arizona2day.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment