Tuesday, July 14, 2020

FLORIDA - SUPPORT AND VOTE FOR ALLISON B CAMPBELL - MARION COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD DISTRICT 1

Click on the video above or visit this link.
The August 18 Primary Election is less than six weeks away, but the current start date for Marion County Public Schools is coming even sooner. Parents have until tomorrow to select if they want their children in traditional school or MCPS online for fall 2020.

As a candidate preparing to hold office, I started my campaign by visiting every principal in Marion County to get a pulse of issues that keep them up at night concerning their students and staff. That was in the fall and spring. As we all know, the world has changed since then. The safe reopening of schools now has taken precedence.

While I have personal views to reopen brick and mortar schools, as a parent, educator and business leader, I am working now to gather research to help me formulate my opinion even more clearly as if I were currently in office.
  • I am now scheduling visits to listen to principals again.
  • I am researching the plans of other Districts to explore best practices.
  • I am researching medical opinions, pro and con, for reopening in the fall.
  • I am exploring what components and instructors should be included in a training curriculum to best prepare, protect and empower our teachers as they guide our students toward success.

True, balanced leadership is never conducted as a knee-jerk action. I see the role of a school board member as one that approaches each issue with a blank slate, gathering research from diverse opinions. Then, and only then, I will filter that data through my eyes as a mother of MCPS students, business leader and educator to focus my New Vision.

I will listen to subject matter experts from opposing views to form balanced solutions and share a New Voice for our schools.

Join me! Together, we can - Improve our Schools with ABC!
Signs are up and available! Let me know if you would like a yard sign for your yard!
Join my family and friends in sign waving on street corners around our community. Sign up today!
Voters are voting by mail right now! Many received direct mail pieces like this to help them in their decision making.
Thank you for your support on the August 18 Primary Ballot!
Allison B. Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment