Saturday, June 19, 2021

SERMON - TRUE FOOD vs PRE-CHEWED FOOD

                                                                  True Food

Vs

Pre-chewed Food

 

 

I am going to use an example provided by a well known Christian leader, Max Lucado, in an attempt to get the message across that I wish to deliver. I have been praying about this for some time now and as I deliver only the messages the Lord leads me to, now must be the time.

 

If you study the Bible the questions are, are you studying it for yourself or are you merely letting others interpret the Bible for you?

 

Imagine going through a cafeteria line and looking for what you are going to eat from a wide variety of foodstuffs. You see salads, several entrees, desserts, breads and some fruit. You also see a tray of grayish, chunky food that resembles mashed potatoes combined with scrambled eggs.

 

“Yuck,” you say as you point at the tray of food, “What is that?”

 

“Oh, you do not even want to know,” answers a food server.

 

“Yes, I do,” you state emphatically.

 

“Well, if you put it like that, it is a tray of pre-chewed food,’ the server answers.

 

“Who would eat that,” you ask, with an almost gagging action?

 

“There are a lot of people that choose to swallow what others have already chewed.” This is the reply.

 

To me this is just as repulsive as hearing people citing Bible passages that have nothing to do and no bearing on the topic of a conversation being had. 

Just as sad is seeing Christians being told something is God’s Word when it is not! Any that claim to be a Shepherd of God try to feed His flocks with twisted meanings of God’s Word and add in some of their own philosophies.

 

God has given each of His children a gift. Certainly He has given you more than one but the gift I am speaking about at this time is the gift of discernment. That gift is the ability to tell right from wrong, good from bad; holiness from evil and truth from untruth.

 

In reading God’s Word I see that the words ‘food’ ‘eat,’ and 'nourishment,’ do not always apply to the caloric intake we all assume it to mean.

 

Matthew 16:11 (Jesus speaking) “How could you even think I was talking about food? So, again I say, ‘beware of the yeast of Pharisees and Sadducees.”

 

John 4:34 Then Jesus explained, “My nourishment comes from doing the will of God…”

 

Even a particular named (seemingly) foodstuff is not for the stomach, but for the heart.

 

John 4:36 …”and the fruit they harvest is people being brought to eternal life.”

 

The ‘food’ I seek to deliver each Sunday as I deliver my sermons is the ‘food’ given us by Almighty God. I do not seek to impress any with my philosophical thoughts; I seek to do what God has told me to do, that being, “Feed my sheep.”

 

Hebrews 5:13-14 and a person who is living on milk isn’t very far along in the Christian life and doesn’t know much about what is doing right. Solid food is for those are mature, who have trained themselves to recognize the difference between right and wrong and then do what is right.

 

 Now, I ask you to consider something and pray on it. I fear that some will react without thinking and not take the time to see what I am asking and the message I am delivering.

 

John 6:48 & 50 “Yes, I am the Bread of Life.” 50 “ However, the bread of heaven gives eternal life to everyone who eats it.”

 

Bread of life; said another way might be…” Yes, I am the Christian knowledge one must gain to live an eternal life. Those who truly understand this knowledge and live in it will be given eternal life.’

 

John 6:51 “I am the living bread…anyone who eats this bread will live forever.”

 

Jesus gave His life, delivered His knowledge, and everyone who lives a true Christian life by accepting this gift will live forever. 

 

People, I am talking about TRUE COMMUNION; the communion of total belief in Jesus Christ and acceptance of His Person as God.

 

If you read the entire Chapter of John 6, and pray on it, you will learn the true meaning of  the Body (Christian knowledge and acceptance), and Blood of Jesus Christ (Salvation), is the message therein. The Body of Christ is knowledge of His will and, partaking in this means that you will be His servant and give your life to Him.

 

With this said and with all of my heart, I ask that the next time you partake in Communion with other Christians, you truly understand that it is BELIEF in God, BELIEF in Jesus Christ and turning over your life to the Holy Spirit that will result in eternal life for you and not the simple act of partaking in a Host and Wine..

 

(Closing prayer)

 

Almighty God, Heavenly Father, we ask that Youhear our prayer. Lord, accept our praise of You and Your Mighty Powers. You are our Creator, You are our strength, You are our Salvation and we worship you. 

 

Father, You sent You Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to live amongst us and show us His way. Father, His way is Your way and this is the way we seek to live our lives as Christians.  Jesus gave us the gift of Salvation through His earthly death on the cross. You brought Him back to life and again, He walked amongst us. For this we say, ALL GLORY TO YOU.

 

Lord, we seek to be with other Christians so that in Communion with them we may sing of Your mighty powers and praise You. Please accept our prayers. 


Lord, each of us is human with human weaknesses. Forgive us when we fall and know that we repent of our sins. 


Father, send Your angels and grant Your blessings to us, our military, our Judges, police, government security personnel and our coalition abroad. Touch the hearts of our enemies and bring them to Light. 


These things we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, who is One with You and the Holy Spirit, One God forever and ever, 


Amen, amen and  amen.

--
Pastor Lee S Gliddon Jr
God's Word Christian Ministry
Conservative Patriot http://conpats.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment