Saturday, December 19, 2020

The Greatest gift I send to you

 Submitted by: W.G.E.N.

I am always amazed at the posts I wrote years back that The Jackson Press has maintained and reposts at appropriate times.  This is one of those.

I hope it has a positive effect on all who read it.

Jackie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://thejacksonpress.org/?p=59567


 December 19, 2020, 6:00 AM


I am guessing that most of you are rushing around

– buying presents – finding THAT SPECIAL GIFT for a loved one – decorating your houses – wrapping presents – filling the air with sweet smells of baking things – singing Christmas songs like Jingle bells and Here comes Santa Clause….  and a few of you are even thinking of what is supposed to be the reason for the season…   JESUS CHRIST.

I wonder how many of you are thinking of the GREATEST GIFT ever given to all of us –  How many are thinking that all we have to do is ACCEPT THAT GIFT – no rushing off to the malls – no charging on the credit cards – no buying wrapping paper and ribbons – no special cards to send or fill out.  How many of you understand that the GREATEST GIFT is sitting in front of you every day of the year – not just on Dec. 25th of each year.

Jesus Christ gave His  earthly life in order to give you that gift –  SALVATION – The gift of being able to spend eternity with Him and our Father, God.

You don’t have to join any organized church and be a dues paying member of that organization.  You can accept that GIFT right where you are – right now –

There is no specific wording that you must repeat in order to be Saved – but there is a specific intent in what you pray to be saved.  Simply repeating these words will not save anyone no more than being a member of a particular denomination will save you.

Here is a guide for you to use —  the “INTENT”

must come from your Heart.  Just as the picture of Christ standing outside the door and knocking – that door has no knob on the outside as it can only be opened from the INSIDE – from your heart.  — Confess your sins – Repent of them and ask Jesus into your heart and be Born Again.


The Sinner’s Prayer

Say the following prayer out loud, believe it from your heart, and you will become saved and born again.

Dear Father,

I now believe that Jesus Christ is Your only begotten Son, that He came down to our earth in the flesh and died on the cross to take away all of my sins and the sins of this world. I believe that Jesus Christ then rose from the dead on the third day to give all of us eternal life.

Lord Jesus,

I now confess to You all of the wrong and sinful things that I have ever done in my life. I ask that You please forgive me and wash away all of my sins by the blood that You have personally shed for me on the cross. I am now ready to accept You as my personal Lord and Savior. I now ask that You come into my life and live with me for all of eternity.

Father, Jesus – I now believe that I am truly saved and born again.

Thank You Father.

Thank You Jesus.


In spite of what some denominations preach or teach – no one can stand in your place or ask in your stead – this is a PERSONAL act that each person needs to do – if not – then you are not Saved but doomed to eternity WITHOUT the Lord Jesus and our Father God.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If you are already Saved and Born Again but you have family members or friends who have not accepted the GREATEST GIFT of all – then stand in constant prayer for those folks.

James 5:16   Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Some of you who have known me for many years and knew my husband are aware of how he finally accepted Christ shortly before he died at age 46.  After we were divorced and he remarried two more times – I kept him in prayer  for 13 years to be saved –  the life he lived here was as so many of us have lived but I can speak from personal experience of how powerful one person can be standing in FERVENT prayer for another person.  Many of the folks who came to his memorial service at the church I attended were shocked when my pastor told the story of how he met with my pastor and asked Jesus into his heart and he was Saved –  not long before he breathed his last breath on this earth.

If you love someone and you know Jesus as your personal Savior then I encourage you to stand in intercessory prayer daily for that person.  Become a PRAYER WARRIOR and put on the Full Armor of God and stand against the evil enemy we are in daily, hourly, battle with.

So, ask yourself what is REALLY the REASON FOR THE SEASON –  is it all the commercial material things or is it to accept the GREATEST GIFT of all –  Jesus Christ?

I know the power of Prayer and I stand strong in prayer each and every day….  I can’t even count the many answers to my prayers as they are so many – and many that I have not even been aware of the Lord knows and that is all that matters.

My prayer for each of you is that if you haven’t already done so, that you will accept Christ into your heart and live your life according to His will.

My favorite scripture verse –  Phil 4:13   I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

In His Holy Name,

 

Jackie Juntti / WGEN    idzrus@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment