Monday, August 22, 2022

FLORIDA

 

 ContactIssuesServicesAbout 

NEWS FROM THE SECOND DISTRICT

Dear Friend,

This past week, I visited many constituents from all over the district. As a representative of 19 counties, it can be hard to catch up with everyone, so I held a video tele town hall and answered some of your questions.

Many of you asked about inflation, energy prices, and our southern border. It’s clear that the Biden Administration’s failed policies are hurting families from all sides of Florida’s Second Congressional District. I shared what my Republican colleagues and I are doing and will do in the next Congress to effectively address the issues impacting you most.

By the end of the call, we had over 100 questions submitted. It can be hard to get to all of them in an hour so I may have missed a few. But I want your voice to be heard. If you had a question that was not answered, please feel free to send me an email or call one of my offices. I look forward to doing another call like this very soon.

If you were unable to tune in, do not worry! You can watch the recorded tele town hall here.

Image


Please read about my week below:

Top Reads of the Week
A Recap of My Week
Updates from Agencies


Top Reads of the Week

WMBB (PANAMA CITY): DeSantis announces 20 charges of voter fraud by the new election security office

WFSU (TALLAHASSEE): Rep. Neal Dunn explains his vote against the Inflation Reduction Act

FOX NEWS: Border Patrol nab illegal immigrant with a conviction for raping a child under the age of 4

A Recap of My Week
The Friend of Florida Public Power Award

Image

This past week, the Florida Municipal Electric Association presented me with the Friend of Florida Public Power Award. Receiving this award is an honor, and I will wear the title of “Friend of Public Power” with pride.

The service of our municipal electric companies to the state of Florida is invaluable. They are the ones we lean on for reliable power, especially in times of crisis. I cannot thank them enough for the important work they do.


Fellowship of Christian Teaching Homes

Image
On Friday, I had the privilege of visiting the Fellowship of Christian Teaching Homes of Panama City. This homeschool network is truly impressive, and the students are wise beyond their years. They asked me questions about why I ran for office, where I stand on the Second Amendment, which U.S. Presidents I admire the most, and so much more.

This bunch has a bright future ahead of them. I’m sure we’ll see them accomplish many great things in the next few years.

Updates From Agencies
SBA Assistance Available

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) announced that federal Economic Injury Disaster Loans are available in Florida for small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private nonprofit organizations with economic losses due to a freeze on Jan. 29-31, 2022.

The declaration includes Alachua County and the adjacent counties of Bradford, Columbia, Gilchrist, Levy, Marion, Putnam, and Union in Florida.

Read more here.


IRS Deadline Approaching

The Internal Revenue Service reminds taxpayers who've yet to file their 2021 federal income tax return to make sure they take advantage of the deductions and credits for which they're entitled and to file electronically as soon as possible.

This year, the IRS received about 19 million requests for extensions to file until October 17. Those who qualify can prepare and file their return for free with IRS Free File. Electronically filing and choosing direct deposit can help taxpayers get their refund faster. If they owe, sending the tax return with full payment prevents additional interest and penalties. There's no penalty for failure to file if the taxpayer is due a refund.

Read more here.

Thank you for your continued energy and enthusiasm, as reflected in your letters and Facebook posts. If you haven’t already, LIKE my Facebook page. You can also follow me on Twitter @DrNealDunnFL2.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you in Congress!


Sincerely,

Dr. Neal Dunn
Member of Congress
 

Constituent Casework Corner

A veteran contacted my office after getting the runaround from the Department of Veterans Affairs about referrals for specialized testing needed to be evaluated for a liver transplant. They had been readmitted to a local hospital when their medical situation became dire. We worked with the Department of Veterans Affairs to have the veteran transported to a VA transplant facility for medical treatment and transplant evaluation. While my office cannot influence whether a veteran is or is not eligible for a transplant, we can certainly ensure veterans receive the medical care they are entitled to.


Do you need help with a federal agency? Contact my office at 850-785-0812 or at www.dunn.house.gov

 
 Washington D.C. Office
316 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Tel: (202) 225-5235
Fax: (202) 225-5615
Panama City Office
840 W. 11th St. Suite 2250
Panama City, FL 32401
Tel: (850) 785-0812
Fax: (850) 763-3764
 Tallahassee Office
300 South Adams Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Tel: (850) 891-8610
Fax: (850) 891-8620

No comments:

Post a Comment