Tuesday, November 9, 2021

PROJECT VERITAS

 

 

James O’Keefe: “I woke up to a pre-dawn raid -- banging on my door. I went to the door to answer the door and there were 10 FBI agents with a battering ram, white blinding lights. They turned me around, handcuffed me and threw me against the hallway. I was partially clothed in front of my neighbors. They confiscated my phone. They raided my apartment…So, I've heard the phrase, ‘The process is the punishment.’ I didn't really understand what that meant until this weekend. And Sean, I wouldn't wish this on any journalist.”

James O’Keefe: “These are about certain principles that are so fundamental. Our First Amendment in this country. I'm calling upon all journalists to take a stand against this. A source comes to us with information. I don't even decide to publish it. If they can do this to me, if they can do this to this journalist and raid my home and take my reporter notes, they'll do it to any journalist. This is about something very fundamental in this country. I don't know what direction this country is going in, but journalists everywhere have to rise up because we broke no laws here. They could do it to me. They'll do it to anybody.”

Tucker Carlson: “Here's yet another amazing story for you tonight. So, right before the last election, the president's daughter, Ashley Biden, somehow was separated from her diary. She says it was stolen. So, in the pretext of that, a year later, FBI agents just raided the homes of several working journalists, including a current employee at Project Veritas. They broke down doors in pre-dawn raids. They were trying to seize material that might embarrass the Biden family…and so they did this for him [Biden]. Pretty amazing, really.”

Tucker Carlson: “Okay. So, the FBI / DOJ is saying that Ashley Biden's diary was stolen in a burglary. Now, we can't verify it either way, that does not appear to be true. Actually, it seems like Ashley Biden left the diary in the house when she moved out. But whatever, let's say for the sake of argument that the diary was stolen. The FBI raids still don't make any sense. No one is claiming these journalists stole the diary. The material in question is already public. Some of it is pretty awful. It's been on the internet for a year. We decided not to cover it by the way, it's awful. But most amazingly, in the point that O'Keefe makes, is the one that stands. Since when does the FBI respond to domestic burglaries? Can you call the DOJ the next time your car gets broken into? Oh, you're not the president's drug addicted kid? Okay. Got it. This is totally third world. And it's an attack on press freedom. Obviously. You're raiding a journalist’s house because that journalist may have had something to do with embarrassing the president's kid? Where's the White House Correspondents' Association on this? Where are all the ‘press freedom’ people? If you're looking for an aggressive attack on freedom of the press, there you have it. Maybe someone should say something, maybe.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment