Sunday, April 11, 2021

WHY WE ARE ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE:

 Submitted by: Cheryl Battles

WHY WE ARE ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE:

How to avoid Religion (ie Abiogenesis) posing as Science!

By CAB

 

Why We Might be Alone in the Universe, You Tube     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqEmYU8Y_rI   25 minutes

 

See the source image

 

This is a very powerful and special video entitled “Why we might be alone in the universe.”   But if you listen to the video, you’ll see that really we ARE alone.   Not ‘may’ be alone.  Statistics don’t lie, and statistically the chance that there would be any life at all in the universe would be an infinite number as close to impossible as you can get!   IOW, Abiogenesis is as big a fairy tale as Evolution is.   Change ‘fairy tale’ to religion, and there you have it. 

 

Real science is the search for Truth using observation -- not theories, wishes, hopes and dreams.

 

There are trillions upon trillions of stars and worlds in our Universe. Faced with such large numbers, it's tempting to conclude that there must surely be other life out there, somewhere. But is this right? Could the probability of life beginning be a number so small that we are alone? A video essay by Professor David Kipping. Further reading and resources:  Chen, Jingjing & Kipping, David (2018), "On the Rate of Abiogenesis from a Bayesian Informatics Perspective", Astrobiology, 18, 12: https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.108...  Hanson, Robin (1998), "Must Early Life Be Easy? The Rhythm of Major Evolutionary Transitions": http://mason.gmu.edu/~rhanson/hardste...  Benzene in space materials and story: http://sci.esa.int/hubble/24530-stell...  Columbia University Department of Astronomy: http://www.astro.columbia.edu  Cool Worlds Lab website: http://coolworlds.astro.columbia.edu

 

 

 

GOD IS A SELF-EVIDENT FACT:  The fact that we are here at all, that we are alive, is a true miracle.   I cannot understand it.   How can nothing plus nothing equal something?    It cannot.   Does that mean that God does not exist, because it’s impossible for nothing plus nothing to equal something?   No.   It means that God is infinite and has no beginning.  A Creation requires a Creator 100 percent of the time, always, no exceptions.   God is the only exception to this rule – God requires no Creator because He is God, His Creation reveals His existence, and there is no excuse to not believe in Him for that very reason.   All truthful people will acknowledge the Creator.

 

This is a very excellent video, and when I bumped into it searching for something worthwhile I saw this title and I said YES!   And when I watched it, I was agreeing heartily with it throughout, even tho it’s not remotely religious at all.  And if you choose to watch, it I am confident you will agree with me, this is NOT a religious video, and has no ulterior or secret message to convey.  

 

STATISTICS/PROBABILITY OF LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS:  I like this video a lot.   The subject of a universe teeming with life needs to be objectively examined, because it’s an opinion that is pervasive that the universe actually is teeming with life.    So this video discusses that possibility in an objective, scientific manner, relying on statistics more than anything else.   It’s something like you might expect an (honest) statistician or a mathematician to present.  

 

Totally objective.   But that’s okay.   I like that.   In my humble opinion, believing in evolution and in a Universe Teeming With Life, that is religion, not science.   Do watch the video and see how the statistics are calculated to come up with the answer.  

 

I have nothing at all against science.    Science is the search for the truth, being objective, using objective evidence rather than guesses, conjecture, or wishes.   Too much of science these days is based on conjecture, and it goes against objective facts.   Theory is not science.   All science should be based on observation, not theory, not guesses.   Reality stands on its own.   Don’t try to explain reality away – rather, seek it and we will discover what it is.   Who wants to live in fantasyland?

 

SELLING THE TRUTH CHEAP:  I don’t like people pushing, arm-twisting me into believing or going along with something that my common sense and my own two eyes say isn’t so.   I don’t like to be fooled, or to find myself basing decisions on fairy tales or bribes.   I’m not into creating my own reality.   I can be fooled, but I try very hard not to be.  

 

I don’t understand how people can be hypnotized when they know they are being hypnotized.   I can understand being hypnotized if we don’t know that is what is happening, but when people are on stage in front of a hypnotist for the purpose of getting hypnotized in order to entertain an audience at hypnotized people being made a fool of --  how can they not know it’s all fake?   But yet they still succumb to the outrageous fake lies of the hypnotist.

 

SELF DELUSION:  I’m also not interested in fooling my own self by inventing lies and excuses, fantasies and fairy tales to please my vanity or desires.   I do just want the truth, nothing but the truth.   Even if it’s bad news.   We can talk ourselves into believing anything, and when we decide to believe something that we know isn’t true, our subconscious mind will go along with our conscious mind’s decision and then we will emotionally feel something is true even when it’s not, and at one time we knew for sure it wasn’t true.   The subconscious mind believes whatever the conscious mind tells it to believe.   That’s why the Bible warns us to ‘guard your hearts and mind.’

 

That means, if you join a church, that doesn’t mean you have to agree with all the things they tell you is ‘truth.’   And we shouldn’t be believing things that we have not investigated and do not have a sincere reason for believing.

 

PRECEPT on PRECEPT:  I like that the Bible teaches us to build Truth precept on precept.   Start somewhere, anywhere (the simpler and more basic the better), and investigate that one thing until you know you’ve got it right.   Once you are sure you have some precept correct, and it really doesn’t matter what precept that is as long as you’re really sure it’s right – and from there you go on and build other precepts upon it.

 

I have investigated the Bible enough to know that it’s God’s Book, that it’s inspired by God who wrote it through ‘holy men of God who were moved by God’s Spirit to write scripture.   God inspired it, and God preserved it.  God is well able and very willing to give us a Bible we can believe and trust, and God actually did that very thing.   Nobody went in a cave and came out with the Bible, or stuck their head in their hat like Joseph Smith who wrote his Book of Mormon, a whole bunch of nonsense.  

 

GOD IS THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS HOW THINGS CAME TO BE:   If God can create the whole universe, and this world and all that is on it, all the people, that God can create even anything as basic as an atom, that’s enough reason to trust God that He’s got enough power and trustworthiness to be able to give us a Bible we can  believe and trust.   

 

So I do believe the Bible.   I used to go to a Bible Baptist Church.    That church spent a lot of time talking about the history of the Bible, and why the King James Bible is perfect and superior to all other translations.   We learned about the different manuscripts that were used to translate into our English Bible.   History is objective science, and the objective information on how the Bible came to be, is valuable information that builds confidence that God is well able to give us a Bible we can believe and trust.   Used to be you could get good information free on Jack Chick’s website on the history/translation of the English Bible.   Since Jack Chick died, now we have to pay to get David Gibbs excellent books on the history of the Bible that formerly were free on Jack Chick’s website.   But logically, all we need to know is:  Would God want to give us a Bible?   Is God able to give us a Bible we can believe and trust?    If you answer yes to both of those questions, then it’s just a matter of knowing which Bible, or which sacred writings are the real deal.

 

I love my Bible.   I do trust it.   I believe it.   It’s the Holy Bible.   I may not understand all of it, and there’s much that I don’t understand, but I understand enough of it to know where I came from and where I’m going and what is expected of me by my Creator.   I know that there is no excuse for anyone not to believe in God, because as the scripture says “God reveals Himself in His Creation.”   God is infinite, and so is His Creation.   Some things are self-evident.    

 

The video does a good job of bringing home the infinity of the universe, and the statistical probability of there being any universe at all.   Given that we have an infinite universe of stars and planets, that any of those planets would have any life on them, let alone any intelligent life based on evolution is less than zero.  

 

The video speaks about attempts by scientists to create life by using chemicals and mixing them in water, and that science so far has never been able to create even the simplest life form.   For that matter, science cannot even take a dead cell that was once alive and make it alive again.   It cannot copy the cell, and even if Science could copy a cell, they still could not make that cell have life.

 

Where did it all start?   A creation requires a Creator.  Where did God come from?   Who made God?

 

Nobody made God.  God is, God was, God has no beginning and no end.   That’s why God is God.

 

Furthermore, Jesus is also God.   Jesus also had no beginning.   Do you understand that?   Don’t worry – neither do I understand it.   Who can understand God?   God is beyond understanding, but those of us who know God is real will have an eternity to get to know Him.   That alone will make it all worthwhile, greater than all the loveliness and joy and happiness of Heaven.

 

Jesus says:   I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  

 

John 14:6-11 King James Version (KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sake.

The next part is a wonderful promise of Christ to us: 

Jesus said:   12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment