Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Accuweather: Winter storm leaves areas across Texas unrecognizable; coldest in Oklahoma City since 1899

 Submitted by: W.G.E.N.


As to the weather in TX - I feel sorry for those who have no alternate heat source (wood stove - fireplace) but those who have houses (over those in apartments) should always have plans and preparations for all sorts of emergencies - beyond needing toilet paper.  Better to never need them than to need and not have. I've lived in extreme (52 & 54 degrees below zero) weather situations in my early life (late teens with a new baby).  At that time I had wood burning alternatives and made use of them.  That taught me to always have a wood burning unit to heat and cook on.  No one taught me those simple things - it was just common sense in the 50's and 60's.  Perhaps this lack of electricity in TX will cause a few folks to PLAN AHEAD instead of relying on government to keep one comfy.  Where I live now I have no "other heat source" but you can bet I won't freeze or go hungry.  I learned to be self sufficient in my youth and never forgot those lessons.

Jackie Juntti

WGEN  idzrus@earthlink.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

is the news journal of William Koenig. Since May 7, 2004, Koenig has provided a weekly "behind the scenes" news report from the White House linked with "insider" analysis to deliver substantive intelligence relating to news, consequences and prophecy regarding the U.S., Israel and the Middle East that no one will want to miss.

Stay in touch with current events and Koenig’s keen insight by subscribing to this compelling, weekly news feature.


https://www.watch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment