Thursday, November 5, 2020

FLORIDA - ALLISON B CAMPBELL SENDS HER THANKS!

 

...For Believing We Could Improve
Our Schools with ABC!
It has now been 24 hours since our community reached major milestones...the most voters to ever cast ballots in an election...the highest percentage of voter turnout ever in our County's history... and the majority of voters chose to improve our schools with ABC... and that's me! 😊

Every Friday for more than five years, I have shared #LetsGetRealMovement posts on Facebook. To those of you who've been my supporters, my fans, and my encouragers, this is my version of #LetsGetReal the day after the election.

  • This has been a tougher road to travel than we ever imagined. I now know why so many people highly qualified people don't run for elected office.

  • I thought I had faith before, but this walk has been an incredibly intimate time with God. As Sen. Dennis Baxley told me, I may have felt called to run, but it was up to the Lord on election night to let me know if I've been called to serve. I am ready to accept this call!

  • Working in the nonprofit world, I have been quite bold in asking for large donations for causes important to me. However, asking for donations for my political campaign was incredibly difficult.

  • I filed to run in June 2019, before a pandemic, before my kids suddenly became homeschoolers in spring 2020, and before I had to take my college class of students to online as well. Those experiences prepared me for this more than I could have imagined.

  • As a PR professional, I work on branding and marketing campaigns all the time. However, I was more critical of every word and every mark in my own campaign literature than I ever have been with my clients. So when some people thought the campaign materials released from PACs were from me, and I knew how they were not my brand, it made my skin crawl.

  • As a mom of three MCPS students, they are the reason I ran. I wanted to make changes that would impact them, their classmates, teammates, friends and children their ages. They are still my why.

  • My husband hasn't been very involved in my campaign. However, he has been the manager of our home through this long road, and this whole process has made us stronger together.

My family and I are grateful, humbled and blessed by the support we've received from you. We will serve you well.
Allison B. Campbell
Marion County School Board Member-Elect, District 1

No comments:

Post a Comment