Thursday, September 10, 2020

WHY CALIFORNIA IS BURNING

A WRITING BY J CRYOTS


Hi guys I recently (June 2020) sold a couple of acres in the Sierra Mountains where the fires are raging.  The above back and forth is from Dana Smith, the realtor who helped me sell the property, and myself.  

It's really sad to say, but this is just another example of 50 yrs. of failed policies and mismanagement of our beautiful forests by the Democratic Party.  Over the past few months President Trump has attempted to explain these failure as failures of management and policy...And he is absolutely right.  
When I with daughter and granddaughter was up in shaver, in preparation to put my property up for sale, I could see the forests were under terrible stress, badly overgrown and beetle infested.  In previous years (1960's) when I first bought my acreage in Shaver Lake, there were controlled burns to keep the undergrowth under control.  The forest was thinned of dead and dying trees and underbrush, which meant that the healthy trees received more water and had a better chance of fending off the beetles.
Also, there was a plan to build a hydroelectric dam on Dinkey Creek to keep more water in the area for a healthier environment for all.  Included in that plan, PG & E was contracting for the electrical power that would be generated--we sure could use that additional electricity today, maybe we wouldn't be threatened with rolling black outs and PG & E would've had the money to better maintain the electric grid.
 
I could just cry when I think about the roaring fires possibly headed toward our beautiful Yosemite National Park, so many wild species of animals will die and their habitat gone forever.  It's so sad that good people like the Sierra Club and the embrace
of climate change policies could create so much devastation.   Yes, brash but practical, Trump was right while the WRONG HEADED environmental policies embraced by the Democratic Party are devastating  My once beautiful state!

No comments:

Post a Comment