Monday, November 14, 2022

FLORIDA

 

 ContactIssuesServicesAbout 

NEWS FROM THE SECOND DISTRICT

Dear Friend,

This past week was one for the books. I’m incredibly honored to represent Florida’s Second Congressional District for another term. Thank you for giving me this chance!

I also want to take a moment to thank my amazing wife, Leah, and our family for their continuous love and support. I am a very blessed man who could not do this without them. Additionally, I’d like to thank my team for their hard work and dedication to Florida’s Second Congressional District.

I am going back to Washington to help put policies in place that will put more money in your pockets and push down the high prices of food, fuel, and clothes. I’m also going to continue fighting to close our border and get Fentanyl off our streets. We must put a stop to wasteful spending and failed policies. America needs solutions.

I’m looking forward to fighting for you in the 118th Congress.


Please read about my week below:

Top Reads of the Week
A Recap of My Week
Updates from Agencies


Top Reads of the Week

FLORIDA DAILY: Florida National Guard Readies for Hurricane Nicole Response as FDOT Locks Down Drawbridges

FOX NEWS: Arizona rancher: After MS-13 walked through the gap in the border wall, they came knocking at my door

THE HILL: Federal judge strikes down Biden student debt relief program

A Recap of My Week
Visiting a Local Veteran

Image

Veterans Day means a great deal to my family and me. We know firsthand the sacrifice that goes into serving this country. Our district is privileged to have a significant veteran presence. We’re also fortunate to have communities that continuously show appreciation for our military.

One of our hidden gems along the Forgotten Coast is the Apalachicola Veterans Memorial Plaza. I stopped by to pay my respects and reflect on the oath I took many years ago.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU to everyone who has bravely defended the United States of America.


Image
I also had a moment to sit down and chat with Concerned Veterans for America – Florida Coalitions Director Jimmie T. Smith this past week. We discussed how my military experience translates to my experience in Congress and what I hear from veterans in my district. You can watch the interview here.

Here’s What I’m Supporting

The Youth Coastal Fishing Program Act (HR 8977) - This bill would help the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to fund programs that encourage a lifelong appreciation for fishing, marine activities, and environmental conservation. The bill also prioritizes underserved communities that may otherwise not have access to marine and aquatic interactions.

Updates From Agencies
VA Announcement

Image


Update from the IRS

The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service announced the expansion of one of their programs for approving retirement plans. The IRS will now allow 403(b) retirement plans used by certain public schools, churches, and charities to use the same individually designed retirement plan determination letter program currently used by qualified retirement plans.

Read more here.

Thank you for your continued energy and enthusiasm, as reflected in your letters and Facebook posts. If you haven’t already, LIKE my Facebook page. You can also follow me on Twitter @DrNealDunnFL2.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you in Congress!


Sincerely,

Dr. Neal Dunn
Member of Congress
 

Constituent Casework Corner

As members of Dr. Dunn’s constituent services team, we’re grateful for another two years of serving Florida’s Second Congressional District. When you come to our office, it’s often because you feel like no one is listening or willing to help. No matter which side of the aisle you’re on, or if you’ve never voted or can’t vote, our constituent services team will be here for you when you need assistance with federal agencies.

Thank you for trusting Dr. Dunn and our team. We look forward to continuing the work we love.

Sincerely, 

Nicole, Bethany, & Amanda


Do you need help with a federal agency? Contact my office at 850-785-0812 or at
 www.dunn.house.gov

 
 Washington D.C. Office
316 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Tel: (202) 225-5235
Fax: (202) 225-5615
Panama City Office
840 W. 11th St. Suite 2250
Panama City, FL 32401
Tel: (850) 785-0812
Fax: (850) 763-3764
 Tallahassee Office
300 South Adams Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Tel: (850) 891-8610
Fax: (850) 891-8620

No comments:

Post a Comment