Tuesday, June 7, 2022

FUEL CRISES

 Submitted by: Nancy Battle

  · 

I need to get something off my chest… I generally refrain from talking politics, and especially making political posts, however I need to say this.

What I’m going to post is real, not somebody that a friend’s, cousin’s, sister’s, neighbor has happening to them…

I own a small trucking company, and this is what the fuel crisis is doing to our country… so this directly affects me, you, our children, our country.

Today I filled up my truck to deliver products that help keep our country fed. When I filled up my truck, it cost me $1,149.50. This is ONE truck, for ONE day of fuel. I own three. So for one day of operation, it’s costing me $3,448.50. (Yes, we use a full tank of fuel every single day, sometimes more than 1 tank per day)

My trucks generally run 5-6 days a week, so we’ll just estimate on the low side and say 5. That’s $17,242.50. Last week was over $20k for ONE week, that I have to pay out of my pocket to try and keep not only my children fed, but those of my employees, and our country. 

Mark my words, we are on a downhill slide to the worst recession our country has ever seen. If you don’t believe me, I implore you to do your research.

Trucking companies are going under left and right. (Literally hundreds weekly) If you’re not aware, what you’re wearing, what you’re eating, what you’re living in, what you’re driving, what you’re reading this on, was delivered by a truck. 

If something drastic doesn’t change in the next few weeks/months, I promise you, you’ll see empty shelves everywhere you look. You’ll see chaos as people fight for the basic necessities of everyday life. Food, medicine, etc... 

If something doesn’t change, I pray that all of you have the ability, knowledge, and skills to fend for yourselves. Not only against those who would do you or your family harm, but to be able to find sustainable food and water. 

This is a scary time. Not only for small business owners, but every single American.

So please, please do your research when we vote for those we place in power. This isn’t just on the federal level, but on the state levels as well. We have got to start making informed decision based on fact. Not because the media says we should like/dislike somebody. 

Truck drivers are out here going for broke, holding onto something we know this country needs.

So if you know a truck driver, please tell them to hold on as long as they can. Our country won’t survive without them…

(This photo was taken today, 6/2/22, in Idaho Falls)

I’d first like to thank everyone for the support and words of encouragement. It means more than you’ll ever know!

To help answer some of the questions that people have messaged me, or commented on this post. I made a video on my TikTok account, which I’ll post to my page. Feel free to watch it! I’ll try and answer as many questions as I can, so also feel free to follow me. I’m going to try and keep posting throughout this journey until something changes! ����

 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdcNq3Cq/?k=1

No comments:

Post a Comment