Thursday, June 23, 2022

Euthanasia’s Cruel Compassion

 Submitted by: Joseph Grisafi Jr


I could not read the whole article before it stopped me. But here's my take on this. I understand what these people mean. I totally understand it. They want to live. Bless them.

From my personal point of view I would have difficulty, to say the least. All my life I've been active:  sports, hobbies, interests and more. I've always relied on myself to do what needed to be done. If I could do it, I did it. There have been few instances were I had to call for help. Even a few days ago I was up on my 28 foot ladder cleaning out the upstairs gutter. My wife didn't like it, but I did it. I'm 75. I still have mobility but the aches and pains of old age are there.

If I lose my mobility - If I lose my self-worth - If I cannot rely on myself - then so be it. My world is done, finished. I've lived my life with few regrets. I will die some day. So I will accept it and be done with it.

Yes, it's like a boat out in the middle of the ocean without gas or oars. Not heading anywhere. Just afloat.

And to add this: Our country today is lost. The world I grew up in is gone. I do not / will not live in a country where I see ours is headed. I will go down fighting.

Totally my opinion.
Joe

Wesley J. Smith
Wesley J. SmithColumn
Award-winning author Wesley J. Smith is host of the Humanize Podcast (Humanize.today), chairman of the Discovery Institute’s Center on Human...
Euthanasia’s Cruel Compassion
Euthanasia’s Cruel Compassion
Share (friends read for free)        Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment