Monday, April 18, 2022

FLORIDA - DUNN DISPATCH

 

 ContactIssuesServicesAbout 

NEWS FROM THE SECOND DISTRICT

Dear Friend,

Happy Easter and Chag Sameach to those celebrating Passover! This is the season of new beginnings, and I’m hopeful that means that good things are coming our way.

I had a great week in the district visiting Taylor, Columbia, Suwannee, and Levy counties. Every time I’m home, I’m instantly reminded of how fortunate I am to represent this beautiful district. I know how important it is to preserve our history and communities. It’s even more important to hear from you all about what’s working and what isn’t. I want Florida’s Second Congressional District to thrive for years to come and I cannot successfully see that through without you. Thank you all for your warm hospitality and valuable insight!

I encourage you all to take this holiday weekend to reflect on the positives in your lives and embrace the new season that lies ahead. I hope you all have had a safe and blessed holiday weekend.


Please read about my week below:

This Week in the District
What’s Happening on Capitol Hill
Updates from Federal Agencies


This Week in the District
Visiting Taylor County

Image

This past week, I had the privilege of meeting with the Taylor County Kiwanis and Rotary clubs. These individuals are dedicated community leaders committed to bettering their neighborhoods for generations to come. I’m thankful to catch up with them and hear more about how I can help Taylor County. 

Following the luncheon, I took a ride along the Georgia and Florida Railway (GFRR). We rode from Perry to Greenville and discussed the railway’s operations and what the team hopes to see in the future.

Image

Stopping in Columbia County

Image

On Wednesday, I stopped by Mayo Ag Services in Lake City to talk to Mike and Keith Shaw about how the country’s supply chain crisis is impacting their industry. Our district relies heavily on agriculture, so it is critical to help Mayo Ag Services and the industry through this difficult time. 

Later that day, I met with Columbia County Sheriff Mark Hunter to talk about his office and the safety of his county. He’s done a wonderful job as Sheriff, and I’m grateful for his dedication to his county and our district.

Image 

Suwannee County & Levy County

Image

On Wednesday afternoon, I toured the Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge in Cedar Key. We all know our district is beautiful, but WOW! I could have stayed on that airboat admiring the refuge all day. 

Image

On Thursday, I had breakfast with the Levy County Commissioners at Julie’s Diner in Bronson. This group has done a tremendous job leading Levy County, and I value their insight and dedication.

Image
Later that morning, I stopped by Chiefland Middle-High School to speak to students about the importance of public service and civics. This classroom was filled with bright minds who I’m confident will do amazing things in the future. 

Image
I also met with the Suwannee Valley Rotary Club to talk about what’s going on in Washington, D.C., and how I can help Suwannee County and their region. Thank you all for having me! It was a pleasure.

What’s Happening on Capitol Hill
Sanctioned by Russia

Image

This past week, I received news that I’ve been sanctioned by Russia. While I know this is meant to be a punishment, I see it as a badge of honor. Vladimir Putin’s atrocious acts of violence are reprehensible, and he must be held accountable. No amount of sanctions from Russia will stop me from supporting the Ukrainian people.


Letters I Cosigned

I recently signed a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas seeking answers on the Administration’s plans to secure the border and support Customs and Border Protection after the Title 42 policy is lifted. The letter comes after the announcement that the Biden Administration plans to stop enforcing Title 42 on May 23rd, 2022. Read the full letter here.

I also recently joined a letter to U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland urging him to appoint a Special Counsel for the investigation into Hunter Biden and his foreign business dealings. Hunter Biden took advantage of his father’s position as Vice President to gain wealth and influence and must be held accountable. Read the full letter here.

Updates From Federal Agencies
Identity Theft Letters from IRS

When a thief steals someone's Social Security number, they can use it to file a fraudulent tax return. This is tax-related identity theft. The IRS scans tax returns for possible fraud. If a tax return is flagged as suspicious, the agency will pull it for more review. Then the IRS will send the taxpayer a letter notifying them of potential ID theft. The suspicious tax return won't be processed until the taxpayer responds to the letter.

IRS Tax Tip 2022-56 lists the identity fraud letters the IRS may send to taxpayers:

Anyone who gets one of the above letters should follow the steps in it exactly. Doing so will provide all the information that the IRS needs. There is no need for the taxpayer to file a Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit.


REMINDER - SBA Deadline Approaching 

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is reminding small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private nonprofit organizations that April 22 is the filing deadline for federal Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) in Florida due to damages from Tropical Storm Elsa on July 8, 2021.

The loans are available in the following counties: Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Gilchrist, Levy, Marion, Putnam, and Union in Florida. Learn more here.

Thank you for your continued energy and enthusiasm, as reflected in your letters and Facebook posts. If you haven’t already, LIKE my Facebook page. You can also follow me on Twitter @DrNealDunnFL2.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you in Congress!


Sincerely,

Dr. Neal Dunn
Member of Congress
 

IN THE NEWS

Congressman Dunn & Florida Congressional Republicans: Time to Ban Russian Wood, Increase Harvesting on Public Lands

Constituent Casework Corner

A veteran was shocked when collection for non-payment showed up on their credit report for approved medical care in the community. This was going to prevent them from closing on a mortgage. After repeated attempts of working with the Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Community Care and the community provider, the veteran contacted my office. We were able to have the issue promptly reviewed and resolved.


Do you need help with a federal agency? Contact my office at 850-785-0812 or at www.dunn.house.gov

 
 Washington D.C. Office
316 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Tel: (202) 225-5235
Fax: (202) 225-5615
Panama City Office
840 W. 11th St. Suite 2250
Panama City, FL 32401
Tel: (850) 785-0812
Fax: (850) 763-3764
 Tallahassee Office
300 South Adams Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Tel: (850) 891-8610
Fax: (850) 891-8620

No comments:

Post a Comment