Friday, July 2, 2021

FLORIDA - Joe Harding Weekly Update, Friday, July 2, 2021

 

WEEKLY UPDATE

Dear Friends,
Yesterday morning, I attended and had the privilege of speaking at the Levy County Teacher and Administrator Meeting held in Bronson, FL. 
Although I was unable to attend the Legislative Thank You Brunch hosted by the College of Central Florida, I wanted to say thank you for the award and I appreciate the kind sentiment and honor of this award.
While I was in Pennsylvania last week, I had the privilege of being invited to the Pennsylvania Capitol and was welcomed on the House Floor by Representative Andrew Lewis.

Rep. Lewis is a conservative fighter in Pennsylvania, as well as a champion for school choice and local voucher programs. 
On Flag Day, June 14th, I attended an event hosted by the Marion County Tea Party, in partnership with Americans For Prosperity (AFP). At the meeting I gave an overview of the 2021 Legislative Session, highlighting my priority bills. 

I also gave a legislative update at a Young Republicans event this week. I always appreciate the time that I get to share updates and meet constituents who are passionate about these policies.
Over the last couple of weeks, several of my bills have gone to the Governor's desk and he has signed them into law. I would like to draw your attention to these bills now and say thank you to the Governor for passing legislation that will make a positive impact not only on my district but on Florida as a whole.

HB 791 - Workforce and Postsecondary Education which will reform the process of postsecondary education including duel enrollment, associates degrees, and assistance grants.

HB 735 - Preemption of Local Occupational Licensing which will work to limit the regulations local government can impose on construction and contracting businesses.

HB 137 - Fire Sprinklers.

HB 1213 - Homosassa Special Water District, Citrus County.

In addition to these bills that were successfully run and recently signed into law by Governor DeSantis, I would also like to acknowledge the numerous appropriations projects in Marion and Levy County for which we secured funding. 
I attend the groundbreaking of Ocala Regional Medical Center and I want to applaud the work they have done for our Community and I am excited for the expansion of the Center.
In closing, I would like to extend my prayers and continued support for the families and friends of those involved in the tragic Surfside building collapse in Miami.  

As always, we want to hear from you. If you have an issue or suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact our office. 

Have a great Fourth of July weekend!
Joe


Paid by Joe Harding, Republican, for State Representative




No comments:

Post a Comment