Monday, March 15, 2021

FLORIDA - JOE HARDING WEEKLY UPDATE 03/15/2021

 

WEEKLY UPDATE

Dear Friends,

Before session began last week, Legoland Florida unveiled a 300,000 piece replica model of the Florida Capitol that was debuted outside the House of Representatives and stands almost 6 feet tall. Legoland also gave members a miniature version of the Capitol and mine sits on my desk in my office.
Last Tuesday, we kicked off the first week of session with the House convening in the Chamber followed by a joint session where Governor DeSantis gave his State of the State address.

I presented two bills, the first bill I presented was HB 735 which is a preemption of Local Occupational Licensing and the second bill I presented was HB 137, concerning Fire Sprinklers, both of which passed favorably.
House Majority Leader, Representative Michael Grant, came by my office and gifted me this tumbler as a new member of the House so naturally, I had him sign it for me.
Last Friday, Governor DeSantis attended the opening of the Covid Vaccine Drive for On Top of the World. This has been in the works for some time and the drive will lasted March 5 through March 7. Prioritizing the safety and wellbeing of the senior citizens in our community is important and I am proud to have been able to arrange the facilitation of making this vaccine happen.
 
While I was unable to attend the drive due to Session, our district Secretary Cyndie McQuaig was able to be a part of the event and is pictured here at the event.
Earlier this week I had a zoom meeting with a family in my district, the Heneka family to discuss a bill relating to hearing aids for deaf children, which was heard in the Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee. It was great to talk with them and hear their perspective on what we can do in the legislature to help the deaf community.
This week I presented HB 133 – Surrendered Newborn Infants in the Health & Human Services Committee; this was the bill’s last committee stop and passed unanimously.

This bill is about providing additional options for mothers in crisis to surrender their baby. I am passionate about the mission of preserving life and helping parents in crisis.

This bill is on Special Order to be heard on the House Floor next Thursday, March 18
I also presented HB 1213 Homosassa Special Water District and it passed favorably in the Local Administration & Veteran Affairs Subcommittee.
As always, we want to hear from you. If you have an issue or suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact our office. Have a wonderful weekend!
Joe


Paid by Joe Harding, Republican, for State Representative

No comments:

Post a Comment