Friday, July 17, 2020

NEVADA - APRIL BECKER NEED YOUR SUPPORT AND YOUR VOTE

April Becker
I just wanted to check-in and see how you’re doing. 
Because I’m certainly not ok with what’s happening up at the Special Session of the Nevada Legislature. 

Luckily in a late-night session last night a new tax was voted down (by a slim margin). The bad news is there is word that Nicole Cannizzaro, the State Senate Majority Leader, is considering a payroll tax on small businesses. 
You and I both know that NOW is the worst time for a new tax. Frankly, Nevada small businesses and working families can’t survive a new round of taxes right now.
The worst part is that while Nicole Cannizzaro is proposing higher taxes on us, she had no problem proposing a 50% pay increase for herself. 
50%! 
I wish that was all. Don’t even get me started on education. NO ONE IS LISTENING TO ACTUAL PARENTS! How are two-income families supposed to survive a two-day a week/hybrid learning model?
I’m fed up and I know you are too. I’m tired of legislators who turn to tax hikes instead of working together to come up with creative solutions.
I’ve had enough, and I know you have too
-April
April Becker Photo
 
Becker for Nevada
 

No comments:

Post a Comment