Monday, March 16, 2020

FLORIDA - DUNN DISPATCH 03/15/2020


 ContactIssuesServicesAbout 

NEWS FROM THE SECOND DISTRICT

Dear Friend,
Before returning to Washington, D.C. last week I enjoyed meeting with our district's students who are interested in attending a U.S. Military Service Academy. During the week, I was pleased to visit the Health and Human Services' Command Center for the COVID-19 Response and shared my optimism for their operations with my constituents through a Tele-Townhall. I heard from many of you and am glad I had the chance to answer your questions on COVID-19. I am happy to share news that I recently introduced new legislation to support our veterans. I also enjoyed meetings with Ocala City Officials and members of the American Legion. At the end of the week, the House passed The Families First Coronavirus Response Act which is a critical step to combat COVID-19, support our families and empower our caregivers.

Please read about my week below:


Military Academy Day
Image
Last weekend, I hosted a United States Military Service Academy Day in Lake City, Tallahassee and Panama City for students interested in attending a service academy. Our district has outstanding young leaders with bright futures ahead of them and I enjoyed meeting with them and providing resources and information about the great institutions our country has to offer. Many thanks to all of those who helped to make this day a success!

Visiting HHS Command Center for COVID-19 Response
Image
Last week I visited the United States Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) Command Center for the COVID-19 Response. I was pleased to witness the high level of communication and cooperation among the experts. They are working hard to respond to the disease and mitigate its transmission. I look forward to continuing to share information I learn about COVID-19 and am grateful for the Trump Administration's swift response and readiness. 
Tele-Townhall on COVID-19Image
Thanks to those who joined me on Wednesday for a quick Tele-Townhall regarding the Coronavirus/COVID-19. It is important to me that those who have a higher risk of catching the Coronavirus have accurate information so they can combat this disease effectively. We discussed a variety of topics related to preventing the spread of COVID-19 including implementing "elbow bumps" instead of handshakes, ample use of hand sanitizer, and calling your doctor ahead of arriving at their office.
Click on the photo above for updated information and guidance on COVID-19.
Meeting with Ocala City Officials
Image
Last week I met with Ocala City Officials and enjoyed discussing the city's priorities for the upcoming year. We had an informative discussion on broadband infrastructure, the opioid epidemic and homelessness. Ocala - your city officials are doing an excellent job to strengthen and protect your community. I am proud to know and work with them. 
Supporting Our Veterans
Image
I recently introduced H.R. 6093, a bill to allow the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to continue paying educational assistance or support allowances to eligible Veterans when educational institutions are closed for longer than 4 weeks. We learned from Hurricane Michael that many veterans were running into financial issues when their G.I. Bill benefits were in jeopardy of being put on hold while their schools were closed. This funding not only covers tuition and books, but veterans also rely on it for housing and other needs. We must ensure that our veterans are getting the assistance they need no matter what.
Meeting with the American Legion 
Image
As a veteran, it is always a pleasure to meet with members of the American Legion. Our members do great work to advocate on behalf of veterans and I enjoyed hearing about their legislative priorities and sharing about what I am doing as a member of the House Veterans Affairs Committee. Many thanks to Command Post #402 for visiting from Panama City Beach and for continuing to support our servicemembers and veterans.

The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Last week's passage of The Families First Coronavirus Response Act is an important step in our fight against Coronavirus and COVID-19. The well-being of my family, friends, and constituents is always first and foremost on my mind. I want all Americans, especially seniors, to know that they will have relief from the financial stresses they could potentially face from the costs involved with testing. And above all, I want every child to have guaranteed meals and proper care. I’m relieved to see both parties put people over politics in order to develop a thoughtful and effective solution. I hope that this effort will ease the stress facing America. It should rightfully restore a sense of confidence in our future knowing that this Congress, as well as this Administration, is committed to supporting those who are suffering from the epidemic.

Thank you for your continued energy and enthusiasm, as reflected in your letters and Facebook posts. If you haven’t already, 
LIKE my Facebook page. You can also follow me on Twitter @DrNealDunnFL2.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you in Congress!

Sincerely,

Dr. Neal Dunn
Member of Congress
 

Image
It was great to see students from Cobb Middle School last week!
IN THE NEWS

Constituent Casework CornerA veteran contacted my office when the Department of Veterans Affairs had not processed their prescription for hearing aids that had been submitted three months earlier. We were able to work with the VA and the veteran received their hearing aids within two weeks.







Do you need help with a federal agency? Contact my office at 850-785-0812 or at www.dunn.house.gov
 
 Washington D.C. Office316 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Tel: (202) 225-5235
Fax: (202) 225-5615
Panama City Office840 W. 11th St. Suite 2250
Panama City, FL 32401
Tel: (850) 785-0812
Fax: (850) 763-3764
 Tallahassee Office300 South Adams Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Tel: (850) 891-8610
F

No comments:

Post a Comment