Friday, March 8, 2019

NEVADA GOVERNOR SISOLAK GETS AN EARFUL FROM NYE COUNTY SHERIFF

Submitted by: W.G.E.N.

My brother sent this to me as a pdf file but since my policy here at WGEN is to NOT send out attachments to the list I asked him to convert it to text for me.  If any of you want the PDF format let me know and I will send it to you as an attachment.
This KILLING mentality taking place in America -  ABORTION - VIOLATING the 2nd  Amendment - releasing killers from prison - refusing to enforce our Border/Immigration laws is really beyond the pale.

I just heard that Washington States *IN-SLEEZE* and Little Bobby Ferguson have issued letters to Gun Shop owners related to the Background check as covered in I-1639.  This is also related to the number of County Sheriffs who have refused to uphold the new gun laws in Washington State.  Too bad IN-SLEEZE and Little BOBBY Ferguson have never read the 2nd Amendment - especially the part about "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

As I said - the KILLING MENTALITY in America has gone wild - SHARIA LAWLESSNESS -

Here is the letter from the Nye County, NV Sheriff
(again if you want the PDF file let me know)


There are probably typos and formatting issues when it created the OCR text


 Governor Sisolak,
I was elected by the citizens of Nye County, both Democrat and Republican,
to serve this term as their Sheriff. This is my
second term. The citizens of Nye County elected me to protect them from
criminals and provide a safe environment for them
to live and raise their families. I have always taken this responsibility
very seriously.
Over the last forty-four years I have taken the oath to support and defend
the Constitution of the United States and the
Constitution of the State of Nevada. I did this as a law enforcement officer
and as the Nye County Sheriff. I do not now, nor
have I ever, taken my oath lightly. I am a life member of the Constitutional
Sheriff's and Peace Officer's Association.
For me, this gun legislation is a political statement and as such is in
direct conflict with the Second Amendment's delineated
rights, "A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free
state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms,
shall not be infringed." In addition, the Maybury vs. Madison decision
concluded that "All laws which are repugnant to the
Constitution (the Constitution of the United States of America) are null and
void."
History seems to be repeating itself in the United States; in Germany prior
to WWII we saw Hitler ce restrictions on the public's right to bear arms,
then we stood by and watched him seize the firearms from his citi ns,
placing them "under the protection of the state." Today, we see politicians
use the death of innocent victims to adv cate for laws that prevent the
non¬criminal, law abiding citizens of our communities from transferring
firearms between in viduals without a background check, limit the types of
firearms they buy and regulate the capacity or type of magazines for e
firearms they own.
The term criminal defines the fact that the person committing crimes is not
law abiding .. The fact that there is rhetoric to enact new laws each and
every time a criminal commits a bizarre crime or does something heinous
amazes me. These new laws penalize our law-abiding citizens. The person who
comm itted the crime did not respect our laws in the first place, so how
does passing new more restrictive laws which our Citizens must obey, help
make things better? As a law enforcement officer, District Attorney
Investigator and now Sheriff, I have had dozens of opportunities to put real
criminals behind bars, but because of politics, inadequate staffing or a
lack of desire or funding, these individuals are allowed to plead to a
lesser crime, are placed into diversion programs, win their cases on a
technicality and in a few instances are not prosecuted appropriately or win
the confidence of the jury.
Our staff is th in, our budgets are limited, and ou r responsibi lities are
laced with state mandated unfunded programs; we struggle to enforce the laws
that exist. By signing this Bill into law does nothing but make it more
difficult for law-abiding citizens to transfer ownership of weapons, place
an additional burden on law enforcement, and encourages citizens to "turn
in" their family members, neighbors, friends and acquaintances. These
incidents, for the most part, will become "he said she said" unprovable
cases which will increase our work load. The majority of people are not the
criminals we need funding to focus on; criminals will transfer, buy, sell
guns regardless of laws. These are the people paying for the enforcement of
these new laws through taxation. Even if I were inclined to participate, the
infrastructure is not in place to transfer firearms in this manner, the ATF
is an integral part of the transfer process and, as far as I know, has
declined to participate.
As Sheriff of Nye County, I agree with Sheriff Watts, I will not participate
in the enforcement of this new law and certainly won't stand silent, while
my citizens are turned into criminals due to the unconstitutional actions of
misguided politicians who, for the most part, are trying to do the right
thing.
775-751-7000              http://www.nyesheriff.net
SOUTHERN AREA COMMAND   CENTRAL AREA COMMAND    NORTHERN AREA COMMAND
1520 E BASIN AVENUE     P.O. SOX 80S    P.O. BOX 831
PAHRUMP, NEVADA 89060   BEATTY, NEVADA 89003    TONOPAH, NEVADA 89049

...

[Message clipped]  View entire message

No comments:

Post a Comment