Saturday, January 13, 2018

SERMON - PRAY BOLDLY

Pray Boldly


I have spoken on prayer many times and made my thoughts known, but I now wish to express the methods of prayer I have used throughout my lifetime. My sequence has changed over the years of my life, but my methodology remains the same. 

I have met many Christians that say, “I don’t really ask God for much. I pray only for His will in my life, for his plan to be brought about on the earth. I don’t ask Him for what He can give me. I seek Him only for Himself, not for His gifts.”


Saying such prayers as to simply ask for His will to prevail in one’s life may sound holy and pious, but in truth, it is not as God Himself must be seen as the final authority on such matters and, He has said otherwise.

1 John 3:21-22 Dear friends, if our conscience is clear, we can come to God with bold confidence. And, we will receive whatever we request because we obey Him and do the things that please Him.

The Bible, as I have repeated time and time again, is God’s Word and His Word is infallible in every way.

Throughout the Bible there are Scripture upon Scripture about the many specific prayers made to God that were answered specifically. Cain asked for personal protection, Moses asked that someone do his talking for him as he stuttered, Joshua asked for specific instructions as to how he could secure victory at Jericho. Each was specific and God answered their specific requests.

Not to seem as one that is saying that prayer must always, in every case, be intoned with boldness, allow me to say that I often pray in total worship and ask nothing of God whatever. I simply offer my heart, my life and all that I have to Him. I am quite certain that you can understand what I am saying as every Christian I know often prays only to worship. This is proper and correct, but there are times we need to be specific, very specific, when we come before God in prayer that is a prayer of supplication.

When being specific in your supplication do not tell the Lord how to do fulfill your need, but allow Him to do it His way.

Hebrews 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will find grace…

In order to be one that can be bold in voicing needs to the Lord we must be true in our belief in God, Who He is and, in total recognition of our place in God’s realm. He is God and we are His servants.

James 5:15 (KJV) …The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much…

The word ‘effectual’ comes from a Greek root word that means from a ‘fixed position.’ It suggests an unmovable, unshakeable mindset. Likewise ‘fervency’ speaks of boldness. In such a manner with ‘effectual fervency’ means you are coming before God fully convinced that your cause is true and worthy of His grace.

Look at a specific instance where specificity was applied to prayer and what God did.

James 5:17-18 Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for the next three and a half years. Then he prayed for rain, and down it poured. The grass turned green, and the crops began to grow again.

My prayers,and I ask that you read some of the ‘closing prayers’ I have made in past sermons, begin with ‘praise’ of God and ‘worship.’ Then I ask for the things I want. I often ask that my sins are forgiven so that I can appear before God clothed in ‘robes of white,’ so that I am sinless before God and worthy of being in His presence. But, I am specific about the needs I voice and even more specific when ‘special needs’ exist. I send out prayer requests to name specific needs I have and that others have made known to me.

You must always pray with conviction. Prayer will be answered if you are sincere, clear about the need, and do not be unafraid to tell God that ‘You promised.’ When you dare to remind God of a promise He has made, you must be certain that He did indeed make that promise! As an example, if you have a loved one or a friend is physical peril, or suffering an illness, look what God said:

James 5: 14-15 Are there any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven.

It is through belief and being right with God that all things are possible.

Too many times people pray for a person who is sick when physical healing is not the true need. Allow God to make that decision and if you are truly His child, you will accept His decision.

God does answer prayers, but not in ways you might expect. Wait for His answer and trust in His method of answering.

(Closing prayer)

Father, Lord, God of us all we ask that You accept our praise for You are the power over the universe and are the Creator of us all. Lord, it is by Your grace and mercies that we receive all that we have received and are to receive in the future.

Father, You have told us of what we need to do to be worthy of Your gifts. We pray that You lead us to Your paths of righteousness so that we are seen as worthy of Your Divine mercies. Allow us the strength to know when to come to You with any problems we may face and know that we trust You to be our shield against the wiles of Satan.

There are some amongst us that are in need. Some of the needs are spiritual and all too many are of a physical nature. Lead us in our desire to do Your bidding so as to receive the many promises You have related to us. It is by Your Word that we attempt to live our lives and it is You and only You that can lead us at all times.

Father, we ask that You be with those of us that are ill and infirm. Be our Yahweh Rophe (Divine Physician) and heal our illnesses. Be with us in times of peril and make us strong in faith for Your sake.

Lord, our military is facing an enemy that would see them destroyed and disheartened. As You promised, keep them from harm and allow them to complete their job and come home safely. Strengthen our elected officials and open their eyes to truth and Your way of doing things.

Lord, Father of us all, these things we pray in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who is One with You and the Holy Spirit, One God forever and ever,

Amen, amen and amen.

-- 
Pastor Lee S Gliddon Jr
God's Word Christian Ministry
Conservative Patriot http://conpats.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment