Thursday, January 22, 2015

NEVADA - ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE "WALK THE TALK" RADIO ON KDWN 720 SATURDAYS at 7AM

Friends,

I am excited to report I will be joining the lineup on KDWN 720 AM starting Saturday, from 7am to 8am each week. We're calling our show "Walk the Talk with Michele Fiore" because that's what I do. 

On our inaugural show we will hear from: 
  • Don Turner of the Nevada Firearms Coalition and Nevadans for State Gun Rights with an update on the Bloomberg background check ballot initiative
  • Lisa DeMayo to discuss the State of the State and the efforts to stop the taxpayer-funded arena
  • Mayor Pro Tem Stavros Anthony to discuss his candidacy for Las Vegas Mayor
We're going to have a lot of fun on our radio show, and we're going to talk about the important issues. If you can't catch us on Saturdays, we will be posting our shows to www.VoteFiore.com

In other news, I wanted to give an update on the State of the State. I was disappointed to hear that our governor is planning to send a budget to the legislature that will continue to include the tax increases that were supposed to sunset. I voted against continuing those taxes in 2013 and will vote against them again in 2015. The people of Nevada were told that this huge tax hike package was only necessary to weather the worst of the housing meltdown and economic crisis of 2009. The people were promised that these emergency tax hikes would only be temporary until 2011. We tell our children that a promise made should be a promise kept. It's time for the Legislature to keep its promises. 

I will also be opposing  the governor's business license tax increase. It is essentially a gross receipts margin tax, and Nevadans voted overwhelmingly against it in the last election. I am your elected official and listening to you, and I will vote against those tax proposals. 

I do hope to work with the governor on some of his other policy ideas by continuing to find ways to make our government more efficient instead of raising taxes on Nevada's job creators which will result in killing jobs. I will continue to keep you posted after I have reviewed the governor's full budget proposal. 

I hope you will join us Saturday on KDWN 720 AM. 

Yours truly, 
Michele Fiore 

No comments:

Post a Comment