My Opponent Only Met One Tax He Didn't Like!
President Reagan once said “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” Last year Nevada’s legislature considered 56 tax or fee increases and my opponent supported 55 of them. In the State Senate Democrat State Senator Kelvin Atkinson had a better record of opposing taxes then he had and three other Democrats tied with him for the worst record on increasing taxes. The only new fee my opponent opposed was to regulate and tax dental assistants. That bill was the only tax or fee increase that he and the presumptive Democrat nominee for lieutenant governor Lucy Flores disagreed on, she voted for it.
Don’t get me wrong some of the increased tax and fees were not bad but when my opponent can only find one tax increase that he disagrees with there is something drastically wrong. Nevadans are hurting, we are still trying to work our way out of the recession and increasing taxes is not the answer to improving our economy.
Just want does my opponent think deserves increased or new fees and/or taxes?
- Getting Married - Up to a 50% increase.
- Dying - A new fee on anyone who dies in Nevada or if they die somewhere else and they are buried in Nevada.
- Property Taxes.
- Sales Taxes.
- Employment Taxes.
- Recycling Fee - Adds up to $50 to the cost of any new electronic device with a 4" screen.
- Grazing - Doubles the fees.
- Drilling for water - 20% increase.
- Education - Up to 100% increase for private colleges and universities.
- Opening a business - Doubles the fee for a State Business License.
My opponent wants to talk about political donations I made three decades ago, I want to talk about votes he made last year. You can make your own decision.