The average cost per student K-12 in the U.S.A. is about $10,000 per year.
I propose we take $9,000 per student and give it to their parents in the form of a voucher. You realize I just saved 10% of the total education budget?
You allow acredited teachers to each have (20) students. You realize I just shrunk the class size so each student receives more attention?
Simple math... that is $180,000 per teacher.
Teacher keeps $100,000 in salary. This is maximum. You realize I just gave teacher an amazingly huge raise?
The teacher takes the other $80,000 per year to pay for:
- Books (re-useable)
- Mortgage on the building (they pool with 4-5 other teachers and now save the commerical real estate market and gain a significant retirement asset)
- Furniture, Whiteboards, Projectors, Computers (all re-useable for years)
- Other supplies
- $15K pooled with the 4-5 other teachers for an administrator - that is a job for $60-70K a year for a real professional
- I have just given teachers massive raises and excellent retirement
- I have just empowered the parents to choose the teachers
- I have just opened the teacher talent pool to more people and better people
- I have just offered students smaller class sizes
- I have just taken the corruption (unions and Democratic Party) our of education.
Why won't it happen? Only because of benefit #5
The Democratic Party and Union Bosses have too much money in their coffers to ever allow students, parents, and teachers have such an amazing program.