Thursday, October 24, 2013

RedState Briefing 10/24/2013

Morning Briefing
For October 24, 2013




>> Today's Sponsor


1.  My Fear
I once had a person leave a message on my home answering machine telling me how he was going to come to my house, tie me up, cut off my eye lids, and force me to watch as he raped and murdered my family.

Another person once emailed a very similar tale.

One time after I’d made a bunch of liberals mad while I was out of town, someone pulled into our driveway in the dead of night and just sat there after having circled past the house a few times. The police had to stay overnight in the cul-de-sac.


Memorial Day weekend last year someone called 911 claiming to be me. He said he, meaning me, had killed my wife and would kill the neighbors unless the police came to stop me. The police rolled into the driveway, blocked the street, and had me surrounded to figure out what happened. Luckily the police officer who saw me first recognized me from television.

More than once in the past two years, standing on a street corner in Washington waiting for a cab, liberals have recognized me and yelled or otherwise harassed me for destroying the country. Now I just use Uber.

At my old house, the neighbor, who’d been a great neighbor for eight years until he saw Keith Olbermann name me the worst person in the world or some such, began heckling me and my kids when we’d play in the front yard.

People ask me all the time if I fear the people who do these things. My answer is always no. I feel sorry for people so wrapped up in politics they have to make a jackass of themselves on a street corner to someone they don’t know or show up in a drive way to look menacing. I certainly worry for my family when I’m out of town. But I don’t fear these people. I feel sorry for them.


2.  Ted Cruz Causes Americans for Tax Reform’s Policy Director, Ryan Ellis, to Lose It
Ryan Ellis is the tax policy director of Americans for Tax Reform.

I’ll let his tweet speak for itself. . . . please click here for the rest of the post

3.  The Military Has A Term (or Acronym) To Describe The ObamaCare Rollout: FUBAR
With the White House now hinting agreement with the Republicans who called for a delay in penalizing individuals under the ObamaCare mandate, the disastrous rollout of Barack Obama’s singular signature piece of legislation passed during his presidency can be summed up in one military term (or acronym): FUBAR*.
Notwithstanding the fact that the mainstream media has been near-unanimously stuck on declaring that healthcare.gov’s problems were caused by a mere “glitch,” everything about ObamaCare’s rollout, thus far, has proved to be a disaster of epic proportions. It has lived down to the most dire warnings of becoming a “third-world experience.” . . . please click here for the rest of the post

4.  ENDA: Another Assault On Liberty
If the road to hell is paved with good intentions there is a superhighway under construction in the Congress. Periodically, Congress, acting as the national scold, steps into the breach and attempts to make all the kids on the playground like each other. Rarely do these attempts work out as well in practice as they do on paper.

The laudable goal of removing racial discrimination in hiring had led to the travesty of affirmative action which has spawned not only a grievance based industry but has actually been harmful. Incredibly, this session of the Supreme Court saw a case argued which effectively asserted that it was racially discriminatory to not use race as a factor. So much for the whole “quality of his character” nonsense. . . . please click here for the rest of the post

5.  I Absolutely Support Chris McDaniel Over Thad Cochran
He didn’t say “God d*mn America” or accuse the CIA of giving AIDS to black men. That’d be the President’s preacher.

He didn’t plan to blow up cops. That’d be the President’s friend Bill Ayers.

He didn’t even attend a Klan rally. That’d be the left’s patron saint, Margaret Sanger.

He didn’t show up in black face either.

Chris McDaniel is running for the United States Senate in Mississippi challenging appropriator Thad Cochran in the Republican primary. . . . please click here for the rest of the post

6.  Can We at Least End Fourth-Party Payer in Healthcare?
Like every other major federal intervention into the private economy, Obamacare was foisted upon us under the guise of solving a crisis.  In this case, they proposed a complete government takeover of healthcare for all Americans – all for the supposed goal of covering those who are uninsured.  Never mind that even after Obamacare is implemented and destroys the market for those who are already insured there will still be at least 30 million uninsured. . . . please click here for the rest of the post

>> Today's Sponsor
Sincerely yours,

Erick Erickson
Editor-in-Chief, RedState

No comments:

Post a Comment