Friday, September 28, 2012

MUTH'S TRUTHS 09/28/2012

THE HORSFORD FILES
 
Former university chancellor Jim Rogers explains to the Las Vegas Sun why he’s on a personal “rampage” against Democrat congressional candidate Steve Horsford.  A good read.  
 
Click here
 
Meanwhile, not word from Mr. Horsford on my challenge for him to confront me on his “race-baiting” accusation on Jon Ralston’s Face to Face program. 
 
Why am I not surprised?  Bawk, bawk, bawwwk!
 
On the other hand, some of Horsy’s loyal, perpetually-offended defenders have come to his defense on Twitter.  For example, Erik C. Huey‏ hunt-and-pecked:
 
“Asked if he'll apologize 4 racially slamming NV CD4 Dem @StevenHorsford, @ChuckMuth said 'Sorry, Homey don't play that.' Sick #TeaPartyTrash”
 
Tea party trash?  What’s that got to do with anything?
 
As for apologizing, first there’d have to be something to apologize for. There isn’t.  There simply was no racial slam.  It was a slam for being a hypocrite.

 
And for some reason this quote by John Wayne in the 1949 film She Wore a Yellow Ribbon keeps popping into my head: “Never apologize, mister, it’s a sign of weakness.” 
 
Hey, doesn’t Barack Obama apologize a lot?
 
Anyway, Huey and others also got their pink panties in a royal twist over the “Homey don’t play that” phrase.  Apparently they have no idea where the phrase came from despite me providing a direct link to the source.
 
It’s actually a well-known phrase used by “Homey the Clown,” a character in a hilarious, ongoing skit on one of the funniest “black” shows ever on television, In Living Color…which, by the way, launched the mega-career of the “token” white guy on the show, Jim Carrey, as well as introduced “the then unknown Jennifer Lopezto the world stage.” 
 
Click here
 
In any event, I guess in keeping with the Perpetually Offended Black Victimization Code of Conduct (the POBVCC), it’s OK for a black guy to quote a black comedian from a black television show…but not for a white guy to do the same thing.
 
Hypocrisy knows no color.
 
Alas, I’m sad to report that one of my staunchest supporters/regular readers was also pretty doggone upset with my column.  This from Steve Laurenzano, a fellow Baltimore Orioles fan:
 
“As much as I agree with 99.99% of your TRUTHS, I must protest your column on Horsford on behalf of the majority of post turtles, who resent the comparison!  Some of my best friends are post turtles.”
 
aAh, yes.  The exception that proves the rule.  Indeed, I guess I do owe an apology after all.
 
I’m sorry, post turtles.
 
One last thing: Haley Christensen sent me the following email:
 
“I truly love your commentaries and such, and would love to be able to ‘Like it’, or something comparable to the Facebook acknowledgement, just so I (and others) can let you know you're doing a great job. You make me laugh at all the ridiculousness. :-)  Keep up the good work and give 'em Hell!”
 
With all the hate-filled tweets Horsford’s fellow Twitter-twits were posting, it was sure nice to get Haley’s email!  And I have a confession to make…
 
I’ve had a Facebook page for a couple years now and I don’t think I’ve ever posted anything on it myself.  Somehow some of my columns and newsletters are set up to automatically post to my Facebook page whenever I send them out. 
 
But for you, Haley, I went in today and (hope) I figured out how to correctly post this particular column about Horsford the Race-baiting Hypocrite.   If I did it correctly, you should be able to click here and “Like” it.  If not, chalk it up to me being a hopeless techno-troglodyte. 
 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment