CITIZENS FOR QUALITY EDUCATION-SAN DIEGO DEMANDS THE SAN DIEGO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT RESCIND NEW ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW-COMPLIANT POLICIES
San Diego, CA. Members of Citizens for Quality Education-San Diego (CQE-SD), along with other concerned parents and citizens in San Diego will be attending the San Diego Unified School District Board Meeting onat the Eugene Brucker Education Center Auditorium, 4100 Normal Street, San Diego to demand the school board not impose the anti-American Sharia Law policies they approved at the April 4, 2017 board meeting.
CQE-SD, founded in 2012, is a non-partisan group of civic-minded individuals who care about how American children are being educated. We have tackled a variety of educational issues including student privacy, data mining, budgets, Common Core testing, inappropriate sex ed, and now the intrusion of anti-Constitutional Sharia law-compliant policies.
“Students may be taught about religion in its historical context, but public schools may not teach religion and its tenets. We care about all students and this new “anti-bullying” policy specifically crafted to protect Muslim students is discriminatory and may adversely affect the student body. We urgently recommend the SDUSD retract all aspects of this new policy.” Mary Baker, founder of CQE-SD
Our Five main complaints about their newly approved policies are:
- The biased reviewing and vetting of materials related to Muslim culture and history in media centers and classrooms associated with this new policy.
- The restorative justice approach to disciplining students which only serves to name and shame individuals to force compliance.
- The District establishing formal partnerships with CAIR: the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which is partially funded by the terror group Hamas.
- The series of professional development training related to awareness and advocacy for Muslim culture.
- The Islamic religious practices and accommodations in schools.
“If we do this right, San Diego Unified School District would be the leading school district in the nation to come up with a robust and beautiful anti-bully and anti-Islamophobic program,” stated Hanif Mohebia, executive director of the San Diego office of CAIR.
We are committed to stopping the proliferation of anti-Constitutional Sharia law-compliant policies in our American school districts. We ask the public to come to the SDUSD board meeting and join the debate.
# # #
Citizens for Quality Education – San Diego