Sunday, August 14, 2016

MUTH'S TRUTHS 08/14/2016

Friends, I hope you’ll excuse this rare exercise of personal prerogative this Sunday morning, but  my 14-year-old little girl needs some help.  Here, I’ll let Jenna explain the situation in her own words…

Chuck


"Please Help Me Save Prancer"


Jenna and Prancer

When we moved from Carson City to Las Vegas back in the summer of 2009, I missed my friends – especially Lulu - and was a little sad. 

But what Santa brought me on Christmas morning that year filled all my sadness with joy!

Prancer10
        Prancer, Christmas morning 2009

When I first saw my new puppy, she was running around trying to chew on everything – even our other dogs. 

Prancer7
    Prancer meets queen of the house, "Vixen"


I decided to name her “Prancer” in honor of one of the reindeer who brought her to me. 


Prancer9 2
            Prancer and our pet tortoise "Tommy" getting some ruffage!


I had no idea this little brown fuzz-ball would become the love of my life.               

Prancer6
                       Vixen, me and Prancer getting to know one another

I’ll never forget the first time we went to the beach together.  We went to “Dog Beach” in San Diego where dogs are allowed to run around off-leash and enjoy the ocean. 

Despite being a Lab-mix, Prancer never liked the water much.  I think it was because she once fell in our pool as a puppy. 

But once her leash came off she bolted straight for the waves!

I was so happy to finally see her in the water having fun.  Prancer spent the whole day playing with other dogs, but came back to our spot every 10 minutes or so to check in.

Prancer01
           Me and Prancer at "Dog Beach" on Coronado Island in San Diego

At home, Prancer followed me upstairs for bed every night.  All lovable 80 pounds of her would jump in my bed and sleep right next to me with my arm under her head. 

She would sleep with me all night and wait until I woke up before she would go downstairs.

Prancer8
Siesta time!

Two months ago we noticed she was limping on her right hind leg.  The vet first thought she had damaged a ligament and said it would take from two weeks to a month to heal. 

We put her on pain medication and blocked off the stairs.  I moved a futon down onto the living room floor so I could keep sleeping with my best friend.

Unfortunately, rather than getting better we noticed Prancer had stopped using her right leg altogether.  So we took her back to the vet’s office. 

They x-rayed the leg to see what was going on...

Bone cancer! 

I couldn’t believe it and couldn’t hold back the tears.

Our vet recommended an oncologist who said if the cancer hadn’t yet spread, we might be able to save her life by having the leg amputated.

Here’s the good news

Last week we had a chest x-ray done and no sign of the cancer in her lungs, heart, etc.  So the leg amputation might stop the cancer from spreading. 

Prancer02
   Here's me and Prancer on the way to the oncologist

The doctor told us there’s still a chance the cancer spread but since it’s so small that it didn’t show up on the x-ray some (expensive) post-surgery chemo pills should kill it.

The other good thing is that Prancer’s only six years old and in great health.  The surgeon thinks she’d be up and running around again in only a week or two.

Now here’s the bad news

The estimated cost for the surgery is going to run between $2,800 and $3,400!

Prancer11


I know some people will say that’s ridiculous because Prancer’s “just a dog.” 

But she’s been with me through my toughest times and means the world to me.  She’s not “just a dog” to me. 

She’s my best friend.

Mom and dad said they’d pay the first $500, but that I’d have to raise or earn the rest. 

So I set up a “Save Prancer!” GoFundMe.com donation account for anyone willing to help me save my dog. 

Even the smallest donation - $5 or $10 - will be greatly appreciated!

You can click here to make a secure donation online.

gofundme1

Or if you live in the Las Vegas area and have any chores that I could do for money – yard work, house work, babysitting, pet-sitting, shopping, etc. – my mom and dad said they’d provide transportation and drop me off. 

If you have work for me, just shoot me an email to jennamuth01@gmail.com or text me at (702) 659-1620.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Jenna Muth

Prancer03

P.S.  If you prefer to mail a check, please send it to Jenna Muth at my home address: 

767 Benedict Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89110

I'll know that every check is for Prancer's surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment