Thursday, September 27, 2012

MUTH'S TRUTHS 09/27/2012

HORSFORD DEALS ANOTHER RACE CARD FROM BOTTOM OF DECK
 
Folks, this one is gonna get ugly.  It does every time race gets involved.
 
It all started when Republican congressional candidate Danny Tarkanian accurately pointed out that because of his and his dad’s extensive, longtime involvement with basketball over many, many years, he probably had a better chance to make some inroads in the black community than other Republicans.
 
Which is absolutely true.  Not racist. True.
 
Nevertheless, Horsford and his supporters came unglued and accused Danny of fueling a stereotype that blacks like playing basketball. 
 
So I followed that up with a blog post a couple days ago noting that Horsford, himself, was fueling the basketball stereotype in his campaign television commercial which “features two black kids playing – wait for it – BASKETBALL!”
 
Apparently they couldn’t find their chess set.

 
Well, on Wednesday Mr. Horsford got his knickers in a knot over me pointing out what a hypocrite he was on this issue of promoting a supposed black stereotype.  Here’s what he hyper-ventilated on his Facebook page:
 
“Yesterday, an article was posted online by a conservative political consultant that targeted my children, implying they were included in my commercial as ‘black kids playing basketball.’
 
“The entire commercial is about my family, as a child growing up and as a father now. This shot was of me playing with my children in our backyard, and to refer to my kids as just some ‘black kids playing basketball’ is extremely offensive. My children will be off limits in this campaign. I won’t accept my kids being exploited as pawns in a political game and these racially charged attacks must stop.
 
“Chuck Muth should apologize for his insensitive comment, and Danny Tarkanian should condemn it.”
 
Mock indignation.  Page 63 of the Race Hustlers Handbook.  See: “Jesse Jackson.”
 
Anjeanette Damon of the Las Vegas Sun saw Horsford’s post and wrote about it.  You can read the full story by clicking here, but this was my short response:
 
First, for Steven Horsford to accuse me of race-baiting is a textbook example of the pot calling the kettle black.  Secondly, I had no idea the two kids in the commercial were his sons.  Thirdly, the two black kids are, in fact, two black kids, so my statement was accurate, not racist.  Fourth, I can only point out the obvious; that it was Mr. Horsford himself who actually exploited his kids as pawns in a political game by featuring them in his campaign commercial in the first place. 
 
Lastly, as to Mr. Horsford's demand that I apologize for my alleged "insensitive" comments, allow me to respond by quoting Brigadier Gen. Anthony C. McAuliffe of the 101st Airborne in the Battle of the Bulge: "Nuts!"
 
Let me reinforce one thing here.  Horsford’s accusation that I “targeted” his children is just a bald faced lie…something Horsford does on a fairly regular basis.  Fact is, there was nothing in the commercial indentifying those two boys as his sons, and there was nothing in my blog post identifying them as such. 
 
That aside, when a black guy plays the race card as Steven Horsford – quickly becoming Nevada’s Al Sharpton - did yesterday, it works on 99 out of 100 white guys.
 
I'm the 1%.
 
I know I’m now supposed to issue a statement along the lines of “If I’ve offended anyone…”, and then follow up with, “Some of my best friends are black…” - butHomey don’t play that.
 
The truth is, playing the race card is the last refuge of a black candidate who has nothing else.  And Steven Horsford has nothing else.  He plays the race card to hide the fact that he has no substance, has no ethics and has no business serving in the United States Congress.
 
As I’ve written before, I couldn’t care less that Horsford is black.   It’s that he’s an intellectually dishonest liberal who relentlessly tries to divide us by playing identity politics (more on that coming later).
 
And if Steven Horsford thinks his totally predictable tactic of accusing me of racism is going to get me to sheepishly back down and take some sensitivity course or diversity training, he’s even dumber than I thought.  And that’s saying something.  
 
Because personally, I think he’s dumber than a post turtle.
 
a(Side note for those not familiar with the term: "When you're driving down a country road and you see a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle. You know he didn't get up there by himself. He doesn't belong there; he can't get anything done while he's up there; and you just want to help the poor, dumb thing down.")
 
And Senator, if you really are truly offended and not just posturing for political purposes, and want to do something about it, I invite you to confront me face to face…as in a joint appearance to discuss this matter on Jon Ralston’s Face to Face television program (providing Jon would be willing to moderate such a debate).
 
Otherwise, take your asinine race-hustling demand for an apology and pound sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment