Sunday, September 30, 2012

MICHIGAN - KERRY BENTIVOLIO FOR U.S. SENATE - SAVE AMERICA FROM TYRANNY


Dear CONSERVATIVES, 

Every up-and-coming new politician will tell you he is guided by his convictions. 

Most of them even believe it. 

But I'll tell you, once they arrive in Washington and discover how things "really work" here, often they have difficulty standing up for their core beliefs.  Compromise is seductive. 

Some stand strong, but many disappoint. 

It is rare, then, that I really get excited about a new candidate running for U.S. Congress, even one running as a constitutional conservative. 

With Kerry Bentivolio, however, two things tell me that he is one to watch, and one I've been happy to support: 

First, the extraordinary circumstances through which Kerry came to be the Republican nominee in his race.  Five months ago, Kerry was running a race everybody thought was impossible. 

He was running to stand for a message, not just to be elected.

And second, Kerry expresses his convictions with a profound personal understanding of the importance of freedom. (You'll see what I mean.) 

Now, after winning a hard-fought primary, Kerry may be the next defender of liberty from Michigan in Congress.  But his fight still won't be easy. 

Please read the letter from Kerry Bentivolio below, and consider making a contribution to help this patriot represent Michigan in this challenging swing district

For Liberty, 
Rand
Paul
Rand Paul 



Dear Fellow Patriots, 

I find that every complex public policy question boils down to just three moral questions: life, liberty, and property. 

Think about it... everything contemplated by Congress is a question of life, liberty, and property. 

My pledge to you: as Congressman, I will vote and fight to defend life, liberty, and property--without exception. I will never make excuses for voting for the opposite of these fundamental values. 

I have young grandchildren.  They are facing a national debt of $16 trillion dollars--growing at an accelerating rate. 

Government spending and borrowing is completely out of control, and we need to reign in the spending. To pass this burden on to our children and grandchildren is grossly immoral. 

I ran for Congress because somebody needed to stand up against this problem. 

And incredibly, after a hard-fought primary election, I stand before you as the Republican nominee for office

I'll say up front: I am passionately pro-life.  All human life is sacred, and I make no exceptions. I will always stand to protect life. 

The unborn are defenseless, and need our protection.  I was grateful for Right to Life Michigan's endorsement in the primary race. 

I'll say up front: I will never compromise on the Second Amendment. 

As a veteran of both the Vietnam War and the Iraq war in 2007, I was horrified when Congress passed the Veterans Disarmament Act of 2008, denying tens of thousands of combat veterans the right to possess, own, and carry a firearm.  What an unspeakable offense to America's heroes. 

And I am appalled to see politicians in Washington working hand-in-glove with the U.N. to ban common household firearms.  We are witnessing an unprecedented attack on our rights, our national sovereignty, our way of life. 

The Second Amendment protects our fundamental freedom to protect our lives.  No law-abiding American should ever be denied that right, for any reason. 

And as a public school teacher, I have a personal interest in advancing the American worker's freedom to join a union or refrain from doing so. 

For years, I was forced to pay union dues or lose my job.  I didn't agree with how the money was spent--electing Democrats and advancing liberalism, more than serving the teachers--but the choice was not mine. 

And that is a violation of a fundamental freedom of association. 

As Thomas Jefferson said, "to compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." 

The bottom line is, I am not a politician. 

I am a veteran. I am a teacher. I am a small businessman.  The problem with Washington is that career politicians think they can grow the economy by growing the government. 

And as you might imagine, I'm up against both sides of the establishment

The incredible outpouring of volunteer support has been wonderful, but our opponent, who is a doctor campaigning on expanding Obamacare (which he calls "a good start"), is slick and well-funded. 

We need to reach every voter in the district--and we have only six weeks left to do it. 

Can I count on your contribution to give us the resources we need for full district coverage, Election Day operations, and supplies for our volunteers

$100, $50, even $25 goes a long way. 

And it is only because of grassroots supporters like you that we have come this far

I made it through a challenging primary season without any institutional Republican Party support, but with the support of freedom fighters in Michigan and across America. 

But now is no time to back down. 

If you are able, please consider chipping in to help our campaign in this tight race. Every little bit counts. 

I am only a citizen patriot, supported by citizen patriots.  And I feel truly honored for it. I hope to make you all proud. 

If you can help this effort, please know that I will remain forever loyal in Congress to the proud defenders of the Constitution, the American grassroots conservative movement. 

You can contribute by clicking this link.  Every day counts

Thanks again for all that you do for Liberty, 

Kerry Bentivolio 

P.S. We have less than six weeks left... and we are running in the Big Labor capital of Michigan, with a forced-unionism proposal on the ballot.  We'll need all the help we can get, to turn out every voter.  Please consider making a contribution if you are able.

No comments:

Post a Comment