Monday, January 13, 2014

RedState Briefing 01/13/2014

Morning Briefing
For January 13, 2014
>> Today's Sponsor
1.  Thomas Undoubted
More often than not, I am a pretty relaxed and laid back person. I don’t really dwell on issues, I rarely hold a grudge, and things that probably should get me worked up just don’t. But lately I’ve been fixated on and can’t stop dwelling on an issue that seems to keep cropping up. Most recently it cropped up with the Duck Dynasty issue.
There are a whole group of Christians who the world never hears from except when they open their mouths to say they’d have done or said something differently. Then you never hear from them again. I almost think they should be called Quisling Christians or some such.
In any event, while most people refer to the Apostle Thomas as “Doubting Thomas,” we need more Thomases.  . . . please click here for the rest of the post

2.  Pot Politics
Perhaps I am more ambivalent than I should be about the legalization of marijuana. I lean toward letting the law remain as it is, but my hostility toward the nanny state pulls me in the direction of individual responsibility and letting the chips fall where they may.
Therein lies my concern, though. Letting the chips fall where they may could lead society to pick up the pieces of shattered lives. Largely, the same class of people now most invested in and vocal about drug legalization in the United States are the same who advocated the loosening of sexual mores during the sexual revolution of the late 1960s and early ’70s. The white, upper income, educated elites had a lot invested in breaking down social mores in their pursuit of unchecked and unbridled hedonism.
On the superficial exterior of shattered souls marching progressively through the sexual revolution, it appears not to have turned out terribly. Now, years after doing drugs in the privacy of their homes, the same class of people want to be as open with it as with their bodies. In the never-ending hedonistic alliance between college stoners and adults who will not grow up, they’ve pooled dad’s trust fund into a political campaign for pot legalization. . . . please click here for the rest of the post
>> Today's Sponsor
Sincerely yours,

Erick Erickson
Editor-in-Chief, RedState

Forward This Email to a Friend
Take me to RedState

No comments:

Post a Comment