Saturday, September 7, 2013

MUTH'S TRUTHS 09/07/2013

MUTH BANNED FROM GOP FUNDRAISING EVENT!

It’s not just liberal Democrats I irritate on a daily basis; it’s liberal Republicans, too.

The following item was included in yesterday’s Silver State Confidential, but I think it shows conservatives just how upset and unhinged and ill-tempered many of the GOP moderates are over conservative criticism and challenges to their reign that I wanted to share it with everyone…

Danielle Cherry is handling a fundraising event for the Assembly Republican Caucus in Reno next Tuesday night.  I got an invitation to it via email on Thursday. 

I then forwarded it to Minority Leader Pat Hickey – who is furious with me for supporting conservative challengers to his moderate incumbent colleagues – asking him, with tongue planted firmly in cheek, what the dress code was in case I was going to still be in town and wanted to attend.

Well, apparently Hickey – who recently unsubscribed to my e-newsletter and has given me the ol’ silent treatment ever since – thought that Cherry had forwarded my inquiry to him rather than it coming from me directly.  So he just hit “Reply” and sent his message…which ended up coming to me rather than going to Cherry.


“Don't bother responding to him,” Hickey wrote.

Funny.  As if ignoring me would make me go away!  If only it was that easy, right Gov. Sandoval?

Hickey then doubled-down and sent a follow-up email…again thinking it was going to Cherry without realizing it was going to me…with this instruction:

“Tell Chuck he is welcome at our Caucus event if I am invited to his campaign training event In Carson the night before...Pat”

Now here’s the thing: I’d already had this discussion with Pat a couple weeks ago.  We were sold out for the campaign training seminar in Carson City next Monday night within two or three days of announcing it and already had a long waiting list.  I told Pat that he was, of course, welcome to attend IF I had room…which I didn’t (and still don’t).

To which Pat responded: “Same with our Caucus event.”

To which I responded: “Wow. You're sold out?  Then why send out the email invitation today asking for people to come to a sold out event?”

The truth, of course, is that Pat told a little fib here.  Of course his event is NOT sold out.  He was just being churlish. 

So what have we learned here today, kids? 

One, establishment Republicans are petty and have no sense of humor when they are challenged for voting like Democrats.  And two, when sending an email, ALWAYS make sure the person you’re sending it to is the person whose address is in the “To” box before hitting “Send.”


As a follow-up, I received another email from Mr. Hickey this morning with this simple message about my possibly attending his fundraising event in Reno Tuesday night: “You are not welcome.” 

He then snipped, “Keep your $10 Chuck. From what I hear, you need it.”

Wow.  How small.  How petty.  How childish. 

How…typical.

But he’s correct.  I do need it.  And I can think of a lot better things to spend my hard-earned money on than electing more go-along-to-get-along Gumby Republicans.

Folks, these people may have a ton of establishment money…and establishment endorsements out the wazoo…but they know they’re on the wrong side of the GOP primary electorate…and they’re running scared.  It’s making them quite cranky and ill-tempered (not to mention ill-mannered).

So this is no time for conservatives to back off or back down.  It’s time to not only elect more Republicans, but better ones as well; Republicans who will respect the party platform, not spit on it.  Reagan and Goldwater Republicans; not Roberson and Hickey Republicans.

It’s time to bring on…Conservageddon!

(By the way, if you don’t want to miss all the “inside” action, drama and intrigue like this for the coming election cycle, then you’ll need to subscribe to Silver State Confidential.  Try it out for 30 days FREE by clicking here.)

THE BILBRAY FILES

I seriously didn’t think the Democrats could possibly trot out another woman candidate as unprepared, uninformed and unimpressive as Shirley Breeden and Allison Copening for state senate races four years ago. 

But I was wrong.

Meet Erin Bilbray-Kohn…although she’s had her “Kohn” surgically removed for the campaign.

Bilbray-no-longer-Kohn is running against Rep. Joe Heck (R-Nevada) in Nevada’s 3rd congressional district and really has absolutely nothing whatsoever to recommend her other than the fact that she’s a former congressman’s daughter.  To the best of my knowledge she’s never run for office, never cast a tough vote and never been to Spain (but she kinda likes the music).

Now bear in mind that Congress right now is weighing the most serious of national defense issues over what to do about Syria; a potentially explosive decision that could kill thousands of people - including many currently serving in the American military.

In addition our economy is still weak and far too many Americans are unemployed or underemployed – with the situation expected to get MUCH worse in the coming months as ObamaCare starts to kick in and kick us all in the groin.

Now consider the absolutely mindless pap Bilbray-no-longer-Kohn has posted on her Twitter feed over the past 30 days - while doggedly avoiding the press and any tough questions at public events:

August 8: “I had a great time tonight at the Metro Chamber of Commerce mixer.  I saw a lot of old friends and made some new friends.”  (Sounds like the first day of Girl Scout camp.)

August 13: “What is amazing is hearing my daughter and my female college intern telling me that they would both like to be President someday.”  (Wow, that IS amazing.  I’ve never heard of any kids ever wanting to be president some day.  Truly amazing.)

August 18: “Getting ready for back to school.  My husband and I are coordinating schedules.”  (Would that be the same Mr. Kohn whose name you removed from your campaign?)

August 26: “Caroline started 6th grade but tested into 8th grade math and science.  Thank you to her great teachers!”  (Yes, if only the teachers union hadn’t dumbed 8th grade math and science down to the 3rd grade level.)

August 30: “As we head into Labor Day weekend...Thank you to Nevada's hard working men and women.” (Alas, thanks to Bilbray-no-longer-Kohn’s party and president there are far fewer men and women who actually have jobs and are working these days!)

August 31: “Great time today at the Girl Scout's World of Girls Event.   My two Scouts wore their green Bilbray for Congress shirts.” (Oh, how precious.)

September 1: “My eldest daughter had two magnet friends over last night. They ate pizza and joked about inertia vs gravity.”  (Too bad they didn’t invite Amy Carter over; they could have added in a discussion on nuclear weapons.)

September 5: “Thank you Bishop Gorman classmates for holding a reception in support of me next Friday.  Yes!  The football game will be on.”  (Sure, beats watching Ralston Reports - as if anybody watches Ralston Reports!)

September 7: “I had a great time tonight.  So many positive people trying to make our world a better place.”  (Where was she, a tea party rally?)

Seriously, folks…this is what passes for substantive campaigning on the Democrat side of the equation.   Not a single post in over a month on any of the serious issues facing Congress.  

The whole thing reminds me of this old joke:

Q:  What does Erin Bilbray-no-longer-Kohn and a beer bottle have in common?

 A: They're both empty from the neck up.


NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS


FAMOUS LAST WORDS

“Just heard the LAMEST abstinence radio ad -- totally awful. Sponsor? Nevada State Health Division. We're spending tax dollars on this?” – Las Vegas Review-Journal columnist Steve Sebelius

No comments:

Post a Comment