Friday, January 18, 2013

NEVADA - MICHELE FIORE ASSEMBLYWOMAN DIST 4 SENDS MESSAGE

Friends,

Greetings from Carson City!

I've been in the north this week for more legislator training before the session begins on February 4th, and Wednesday night I had the opportunity to attend the Governor's State of the State Address. Governor Sandoval presented his vision for the upcoming year, and I look forward to continuing the discussion with my fellow representatives in the Assembly and Senate when the session begins in just a couple of weeks. If you missed the Governor's speech, you can view it by clicking here


I'm particularly glad to hear that Governor Sandoval will continue to support limiting taxes on Nevada businesses, which will allow many of our local businesses to start growing again. I strongly believe that we need to be empowering our local small businesses to create jobs rather than suffocate them with more taxation, regulation and litigation.

After talking this week with many of my peers in the Legislature, I'm convinced we will be able to put politics and parties aside and pass meaningful legislation during this session that will keep Nevada on the right track to protect individual liberties and provide a fair and level playing field for businesses trying to bring their jobs to Nevada. I sincerely hope we will be able to find ways to keep Nevada competitive in the national market by encouraging competition rather than high taxes and government interference.

I have committed to making sure your voice is heard during this legislative session, so if you haven't, please be sure to sign up for my emailslike my Facebook page and follow me on TwitterI'll be tweeting daily on issues, as well as sending happy messages, and I hope you'll use these social medias to participate in the discussion.

I look forward to all of the knowledge and adventures these next five months hold, and I appreciate your support and encouragement as we make this journey together.

Yours truly,
Michele Fiore  
Michele Fiore

No comments:

Post a Comment