Wednesday, June 27, 2012

HARRY REID CONTINUES TO DENY SENATE AMENDMENTS HE DOES NOT PERSONALLY LIKE!

Conservatives -- 

I appreciate all of the support I have received from pro-life advocates around the country in recent days.   

As you may have heard, I offered the Life at Conception Act as an amendment on the Senate floor earlier in the week.   This simple bill puts Congress on record defining and protecting innocent life.   

The problem now -- Senator Harry Reid is blocking a vote on this important bill.

Senator Reid will stand up and tell you he simply doesn't have the time.   But that's not true.  A vote in the Senate takes 15 minutes.

Senator Reid claims he is blocking my amendment because it is “unrelated” to the flood insurance bill.


But for example, on the farm bill, Senator Reid allowed amendments deregulating the use of pets as movie extras and studying the impact of automatic defense cuts to military readiness.

Senator Reid has constructed roadblocks to my amendment, not to save time, but to provide air cover for pro-abortion senators five months before they face the voters.

Is Senator Reid saying unborn children are not worth 15 minutes of his time?    I suspect that millions of Americans will disagree with him.

If I'm right, he needs to hear from you today.

Please call Senator Reid at 202-224-3542.    Urge him to allow an up or down vote on my Life at Conception Amendment.

Senator Reid claims to be pro-life.  Ask him then why he has brought the Senate to a stand-still over merely VOTING on a Life at Conception Act.

Ask him to explain why millions of unborn children aren't worth 15 minutes of the Senate's time.

Since I have offered my amendment, nearly 48 hours has passed.  I was ready and willing to debate and vote during any of those hours.  But that debate and vote were blocked by Senator Reid.

I have said many times that while I am known for fighting for Liberty in the Senate, you cannot have Liberty without the Right to Life.   It is one of the few things spelled out and guaranteed by our founders.   You cannot separate the two.

The Life at Conception Act would immediately overturn Roe v. Wade, and would put Congress on record as stating a simple and clear fact: human life begins at conception.   It is granted to us by God and should not be take away.

I hope you'll continue to fight alongside me in this crucial battle.

First, call Senator Reid's office at 202-224-3542.  Insist he allow a vote on the Paul Life at Conception Amendment this week.     Time is running short, so please call at once.

And if you can, please help support RANDPAC and our fight to promote the Right to Life and elect more pro-life candidates to the Senate in 2012 by clicking the link below.

randpacusa.com/donate.aspx

In Liberty,

Rand 

No comments:

Post a Comment