Saturday, March 10, 2012

OBAMA SHIVERS AT THE THOUGHT OF GINGRICH AS THE GOP CANDIDATE

Mitt beat Rick, but Newt beat Barack=== Only one Republican has made Obama squirm

As you know, I hate all candidates (not as human beings, but as politicians), although some more than others. I chose this article because it contributes detail I didn’t know about. And also because I had written a poison pen article on Newt at WND so you can be sure I don't like him and am certainly not endorsing him (in case you thought I was).
But what if the author is right?
What he says about the other candidates is true as far as I know. That anti-contraception foot in the mouth statement by Santorum shows he is at the very best, unwary and unwise in a debating scenario. Ron Paul's focus on the economy is laudable and his vision that America needs a major cutback on spending is probably correct. But his recent statement that people's resentment of immigrants increases as unemployment rises seems offensive to law and order advocates because it seems to conflate legal immigration with illegal immigration.
The focus on the economy is very important. The candidates other than Newt don’t seem to have much of a focus, and at a time when the US economy and public finances are running on fumes, anyone who ignores the economy or gives it short shrift is throwing away a chance to nail Obama where it hurts the most and to attract the attention of most struggling Americans--most of whom do not necessarily see contraception as a bread and butter issue.
It is also noteworthy that the author acknowledges Mitt as a guy whose poll numbers depend mostly on cash and less on substance.
Oh, well, for what it is worth...
Don Hank
 (cut and paste to browser-you will learn!)
 
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/8/mitt-beat-rick-but-newt-beat-barack/ 

1 comment:

  1. Constantine Comments: Message flagged Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:14 PM
    I totally agree with the columnist with regard to Gingrich. And I was always of the same opinion, which I have repeatedly expressed.
    I forgive Gingrich many things that an imaginary ideal Candidate should not bear at all.
    I forgive Gingrich those "unforgivable" things because he possesses a thing that makes him incomparable: he is fantastically smart and extremely well educated and encyclopedically knowledgeable.
    And I am absolutely certain that he is the only person who, if elected, is able to move America from the brink of an abyss the obama brought us to. His weaknesses and shortcomings won't affect the 4-year long process of healing damages the obama caused to the country.
    After 4 years we can decide if Newt's weaknesses and shortcomings constitute a need and urgency to replace him as a President.
    This was and is my opinion that, as I know, not many Americans share. Unfortunately, to my opinion.
    Constantine

    ReplyDelete