Sunday, February 16, 2020

FLORIDA - DUNN DISPATCH 02/16/2020

NEWS FROM THE SECOND DISTRICT

Dear Friend,
Last week, I hosted a telephone townhall meeting where I spoke with constituents from across the Second District and I received the "True Blue" Award from the Family Research Council. I was honored to join President Trump at the White House as he signed my "Supporting Veterans in STEM Careers" Act into law. Later in the week, my colleagues and I participated in a hearing on the Veterans Affairs' Community Care Program.

Please read about my week below:

Veterans in STEM Careers Act
Image
Last Tuesday, President Trump signed my Supporting Veterans in STEM Careers Act into law! President Trump recognizes the importance of keeping our promise to America’s heroes and ensuring they have the tools they need to succeed in civilian life. STEM related jobs are growing at an unprecedented rate in the United States and many of our veterans have the unique skills to excel in these fields. By expanding education and job opportunities for our veterans in STEM fields, my legislation eases the transition from active duty to civilian life, while keeping America at the forefront of the world’s ever-growing technology arena. Getting this important legislation signed into law has been one of my top priorities and I am thankful that we have a President who values our heroes’ dedication to our country.
Image
[Official White House Photos by Tia Dufour]

Telephone Townhall
On Monday, I hosted a telephone townhall meeting and invited constituents throughout the district to ask me questions about the issues that are most important to them. Telephone townhalls are a great way for me to further connect with constituents and learn more about the issues facing them in their everyday lives. We discussed a variety of topics including prescription drug pricing, veterans care, and the importance of protecting our Second Amendment rights. I look forward to future opportunities to share updates on what we are working on in Congress.

True Blue Award
Image
On Tuesday, The Family Research Council presented me with the True Blue Award for my 100% pro-Life, pro-family record in Congress. I was honored to receive the True Blue Award and will continue to fight for the rights of the unborn in Congress. 


Veterans Affairs Hearing on Community Care
Image
Last week, the House Veterans Affairs' Committee held a joint subcommittee hearing. Members of the Health and Oversight and Investigations subcommittees heard from witnesses about how the MISSION Act's Community Care Program is serving veteransIt is critical to ensure that our veterans have the timely, accessible, and reliable care that they deserve. I look forward to continuing to monitor the progress of the Community Care Program as it seeks provide expansive healthcare options for veterans. 

Thank you for your continued energy and enthusiasm, as reflected in your letters and Facebook posts. If you haven’t already, LIKE my Facebook page. You can also follow me on Twitter @DrNealDunnFL2.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you in Congress!

Sincerely,

Dr. Neal Dunn
Member of Congress
 
Image
It was great to meet with the Florida Fraternal Order of Police President Robert Jenkins last week. 

IN THE NEWS
Trump signs law giving veterans smoother path to STEM careers

Donald Trump Signs Into Law Marco Rubio's, Neal Dunn's Proposal to Move Veterans Into STEM Jobs
Constituent Casework CornerAfter waiting months for the United States Coast Guard (USCG) to issue the registration for their new charter fishing vessel and losing money each day that passed that they didn’t have the registration, they contacted my office. We were able to work with the USCG to have the registration issued within 30 days.







Do you need help with a federal agency? Contact my office at 850-785-0812 or at www.dunn.house.gov
 
 Washington D.C. Office316 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Tel: (202) 225-5235
Fax: (202) 225-5615
Panama City Office840 W. 11th St. Suite 2250
Panama City, FL 32401
Tel: (850) 785-0812
Fax: (850) 763-3764
 Tallahassee Office300 South Adams Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Tel: (850) 891-8610
Fax: (850) 891-8620
Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment