Thursday, August 15, 2019

LETTERS TO PRESCOTT COURIER (newspaper) THAT ARE MEANINGFUL!

Submitted by: J Croyts

These are in the Prescott Courier this morning.
The first is VERY unusual

The second is very usual to the Courier. The author usually puts RN after her name and is a hallucinatory Liberal/ Prog/ Commie 



Editor:
The radical Democrat progressives and media are trying to slander me with false labeling.
For example, I was born white, which automatically makes me a racist and responsible for slavery. I am a fiscal and moral conservative, which makes me a fascist because I plan and support myself. I worked while I went to and graduated high school, college and grad school without parental assistance and government loans, held a job for over 50 years not because I earned it but because I was “advantaged.” I am heterosexual, which according to gay folks makes me a homophobe. I am not a Muslim, which now labels me an infidel.
I also believe in the Second Amendment, which makes me a member of the vast NRA gun lobby and terrorist. I think, reason and doubt the left wing main stream media, which makes me a reactionary. I am proud of my European heritage and our inclusive American culture, making me a xenophobe. I believe in opportunity based hard work, fair play and compensation, according to each individuals merits and not guaranteed outcomes, making me a radical conservative.
I believe in the defense and protection for and by ALL Americans, making me a militant. I am proud of our flag, what it stands for the many who died to let it fly. I stand and salute during our National Anthem, so I must be a racist. If all this nonsense isn’t enough, now I don’t even know which restroom to use!
However, I knew who I was when I was serving six years in the U.S. Army and know who I am today: A proud, unapologetic American!
Bernard M. Cygan
Prescott
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Editor:
Economic inequality in America is real. In fact, studies show that it’s a good deal greater here than in any other industrialized country, and has been increasing since the 1970s. As we all know, big money translates into big power. We have a regressive tax system that aids mainly the rich and very low spending on federal assistance programs.
Our politicians have become more dependent on the wealthy and large corporations, and less responsive to the people they represent. Hence a denial of climate change from the GOP who depend on fossil fuel companies for donations. America always prided itself on our ability to move socially upward, but that’s become a delusion. We look at people like Zuckerberg and think it’s alive and well. But how many Zuckerbergs do we know of?
Labor unions used to keep worker salaries at a decent rate, but since Reagan, Republicans have hammered away at them, and Democrats haven’t worked hard enough to keep them alive. Every month the jobs report looks good but those jobs are small and salaries inadequate to maintain a solvent household on their own.
In the meantime manual labor jobs are disappearing with the advent of new technologies and with companies going overseas, and the education necessary to prepare American workers for other jobs is virtually nonexistent. It’s cheaper for a corporation to import educated workers. Remember what our president said: “Only the educated immigrants should be allowed to come here.”
Economic inequality – that’s what’s destroying Democracy, what’s turning America into an Oligarchy. And so many Americans are unwittingly voting to make it so.
Susan Lanning
Prescott Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment