The last wishes of Alexander the Great...On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army
1. The best doctors should carry his coffin.
2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along
the procession to the cemetery.
3. His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see.
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
1. "I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death, even the
best doctors in the world have no power to heal."
2. "I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth
acquired on earth, will stay on earth."
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world
empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is
exhausted, and that is: TIME.
We do not take to our grave any material wealth. TIME is our most precious treasure because
it is LIMITED. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take
back. Our time is our life!
The best present that you can give to your family and friends is your TIME.
May you be granted plenty of TIME, to share with all.
"Health, Wealth and a LOT Of TIME FOR 2016 And Beyond"
May the dreams you hold dearest be those which come true.
And the kindness you spread keep returning to you.
Saturday, September 17, 2016
TIME ... TIME IS A GIFT...TIME
Submitted by: Kathy Hawkins