Wednesday, September 2, 2015

PRAY FOR OUR CHRISTIAN SISTER, KIM DAVIS, TO STAND STRONG!

Mathew Staver, Founder and Chairman
Liberty Counsel
 


A federal judge has called for a hearing for Kim Davis tomorrow morning. She is under intense pressure. Once again, I am asking every friend of Liberty Counsel to pray for Kim as she stands her ground for truth by declaring that God's laws are above man's laws. Please see my important update below Mat.

  Conservatives,

There is a national media frenzy surrounding Rowan County, Kentucky, Clerk Kim Davis, a principled public servant who is standing against judicial tyranny and for natural marriage. Kim is now being called a "national symbol" and "a women of exemplary courage" by those who support her stand for First Amendment religious liberty and right of conscience.


Yesterday, Liberty Counsel did about 30 media interviews and 10 TV uplinks on every network and major cable news outlet about our case representing Kim Davis. The story hit number 1 on Drudge and Google News. It is being debated on Facebook and presidential candidates are being asked their opinion. Our "Push For Liberty" national media campaign also received a tremendous uplift as Kim's story gained in national coverage.

Conversely, Kim is being demonized by the homosexual movement and those who oppose her resolve to put "God's authority" above man's laws. Some are calling for her resignation or removal from office. She has received several death threats. Certain unprincipled media outlets have leveled vicious personal attacks against Kim for her lifestyle before coming to Christ four years ago.

And tomorrow, Kim is summoned back to court...  


+ + U.S. District Judge David Bunning has called a hearing for Davis at 11 a.m. tomorrow.

Attorneys representing homosexual couples being denied "marriage" licenses petitioned a federal judge to find Davis in contempt of court and to "impose financial penalties sufficiently serious and increasingly onerous." The ACLU is deeply involved in this case.

That hearing is Thursday morning. That's why I am asking for prayer for Kim. She will be facing tremendous pressure and potentially life-changing circumstances.  


+ + Many public officials are now in the crosshairs of the homosexual "marriage" movement following the Supreme Court's Obergefell decision.

There are growing numbers of dedicated public servants who are being aggressively targeted by pro-left organizations and are being told to abandon their deeply held religious beliefs or resign. This is precisely what Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas predicted in his dissenting opinion in the Obergefell case...


"Aside from undermining the political processes that protect our liberty, the majority's decision threatens the religious liberty our Nation has long sought to protect...  In our society, marriage is not simply a governmental institution; it is a religious institution as well. Today's decision might change the former, but it cannot change the latter. It appears all but inevitable that the two will come into conflict, particularly as individuals and churches are confronted with demands to participate in and endorse civil marriages between same-sex couples."

Throughout American history, the courts have accommodated people's deeply held religious beliefs. If Davis' religious objection is denied, then elected officials have no real religious freedom when they take public office. Religious liberty is neither surrendered at the entry door of public service nor waived upon taking an oath of office. To suggest otherwise creates a religious (or in this case, anti-religious) test for holding office — which the United States and Kentucky Constitutions expressly forbid!
 
+ + If you believe in moral governance, we want to hear from you! 

Liberty Counsel is engaged in a massive media initiative to reach tens of millions of like-minded Americans who embrace biblical morality in their daily lives. If you are one of those people, stand with us and join in the Push for Liberty!


As I'm sure you're aware, we do not charge Kim Davis or any other client for our legal representation. We depend on your financial support - and right now I need your help to fill a war chest to defend Kim Davis and many others who are seeking our help against this increasing legal onslaught.

Click on the banner below to make your best tax-deductible gift possible...

Support
 

 
As I've said many times before, we can defeat these unprincipled legal attacks by Leftist organizations, but we can't do it without your help. Please go here now and help Liberty Counsel with a gift of $20, $40, $100 or more at this critical time.

Thank you for your support — and God bless you for standing with us!

Mat Staver, Founder and Chairman
Liberty Counsel


P.S. In case you missed it, this is Kim Davis' very powerful statement she recently issued:

"I have worked in the Rowan County Clerk's office for 27 years as a Deputy Clerk and was honored to be elected as the Clerk in November 2014, and took office in January 2015. I love my job and the people of Rowan County. I have never lived any place other than Rowan County. Some people have said I should resign, but I have done my job well. This year we are on track to generate a surplus for the county of 1.5 million dollars.

In addition to my desire to serve the people of Rowan County, I owe my life to Jesus Christ who loves me and gave His life for me. Following the death of my godly mother-in-law over four years ago, I went to church to fulfill her dying wish. There I heard a message of grace and forgiveness and surrendered my life to Jesus Christ. I am not perfect. No one is. But I am forgiven and I love my Lord and must be obedient to Him and to the Word of God.

I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God's definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience. It is not a light issue for me. It is a Heaven or Hell decision. For me it is a decision of obedience. I have no animosity toward anyone and harbor no ill will. To me this has never been a gay or lesbian issue. It is about marriage and God's Word. It is a matter of religious liberty, which is protected under the First Amendment, the Kentucky Constitution, and in the Kentucky Religious Freedom Restoration Act. Our history is filled with accommodations for people's religious freedom and conscience. I want to continue to perform my duties, but I also am requesting what our Founders envisioned - that conscience and religious freedom would be protected. That is all I am asking. I never sought to be in this position, and I would much rather not have been placed in this position. I have received death threats from people who do not know me. I harbor nothing against them. I was elected by the people to serve as the County Clerk. I intend to continue to serve the people of Rowan County, but I cannot violate my conscience."

No comments:

Post a Comment