Saturday, August 1, 2015

SERMON - THE BOOK OF REVELATION IN WORDS OF UNDERSTANDING part 9


 
The Book of Revelation
In
Words of Understanding
Part 9
 
 
As the Seventh seal covers Books 8 through Book 11 I’ll complete the sermons about the opening after I tell you of the following which I consider to be vitally important to your Christian journey in the life. This information pertains to two vital beliefs that I, and you as well, have been taught for the most of your lifetimes.
 
Before I start and reveal things that God has led me to learn, allow me to make something known. I have no other motive for telling you anything other than the motive of ensuring the Salvation of your soul, I ask for no money, I seek not to gain anything worldly from you and, I am not attempting to prove anything to you except the truth of God’s Word.
 
I have been taught for years that Jesus Christ was crucified for my sins. I have even been told that Jesus removed sin from the world by His crucifixion. I have been told that sin is no more due to Jesus’ sacrifice. I now ask is this what you are being taught? Is this what you have been taught for your entire life? If so, hang onto your hat!
 
It is not so! None of the foregoing teachings are true; not a single one of them.
 
Why do I say that? I say this because I believe in God and He said it in His Word; our Bible.
 
If you read:
 
John 14: 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.     
 
You learn that Jesus tells us that “You will realize I am in my Father.”
 
The meaning of this is saying, ‘realize,’ meaning.’ be aware,’ know this,’’ I’m telling you something and you must believe it!’
 
What are we to be aware of? The answer is that we must believe in Jesus Christ as He and God the Father are one and the same! He said this as we are to believe in Him and by faith believe that He has the power to save us from our sins.
 
John 1: 29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
 
The person speaking was John the Baptist. He says, with no doubt, “who takes away the sin of the world.”
 
Sin…singular! Not sins…but sin. We commit sins and God knows this. He took on human form and walked amongst us and told us that He was God. We did not believe His Words until He had been crucified and resurrected. Then, and only then did some of us truly believe.
 
Then look at John 16: 8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me: (my emphasis)
 
Jesus was speaking of His sending the Holy Spirit and telling His Apostles that the sin was, “Men do not believe in me.”
 
With this we must realize that Jesus Christ was crucified due to the ‘unbelief of man.’ That was the sin Jesus Christ died for; the UNBELIEF of man. If men had truly believed He was God then there would have been no crucifixion. But, when He was resurrected; that changed everything! As Thomas later said, “My Lord and my God.”
 
Now, what Jesus did say is that it is by FAITH that you are saved BUT He also said, time and time again, REPENT!
 
Jesus used the word REPENT in Matthew 3:2, 4;17, 21:32, Mark 1:15, 6:12, Luke 13:3, 13:5, 15:7, 16:30 and 17:4.
 
The Apostle Peter as well as Paul repeatedly used the word REPENT in Acts 2:38, 3:19, 8:22, 17:30, 26:20 and John wrote of REPENTANCE in Revelation 2:16. 2:21 , 2:22 , 3:3, 3: 19 , 9:21 , 16:9 and 16:11 . If you recall, John wrote Revelation at Jesus’ direction. John penned the Word but the Word given was by Jesus Christ.
 
If we are to be saved, then it is through our faith in Jesus Christ that we will be saved! Faith in Him is vital. I say that as if you believe then you know His Words are true through faith. He said, ‘repent,’ but did not say confess to anyone other than Him. If you sin, confess your sin to the Lord, repent from that sin and to Him!
 
It is faith that allows us to confess our sins and know they will be forgiven. It is by faith that allows us to pray and to know our prayers are heard. It is faith that allows us to believe and it will be by faith that we will be saved. To think that simply saying and thinking that you can say, ‘I am saved,’ will see you through to Salvation is not true. That is a myth! You must have the faith in Jesus Christ, confess your sins to God and REPENT! This is God’s Word, not my own.
 
Romans 10: 14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 and how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" 
 
 This Scripture is clear in its meaning. “How can they call on one they have not believed in?”  Jesus Christ is the ‘One’ to be believed in. We, as Christians, have the duty to tell every one of Jesus Christ and His divinity. If we do our Christian duties then those we have spoken to will have the opportunity to believe, repent and be saved.
 
John 3: 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
 
God makes it blatantly clear; those who do not believe are condemning themselves. If you do believe then you will not ignore His Word. He, Jesus, spoke of the need to repent both before as well as after His crucifixion!  The ‘before’ was in Matthew, Mark and Luke. The ‘after’ was revealed to John, by Jesus Christ, in the Book of Revelation.
 
When Jesus spoke about the need of repentance He was not being deceptive. He was telling us that to be saved we HAD TO REPENT! Repent FROM sin and TO the Lord.
 
Allow me to ask something and I want you to really think about your answer.
 
Do you think that you can continue to sin and rely on the belief that Christ’s sacrifice on the cross negates the need for you to repent?
 
If you really think that then ignore this entire sermon and continue your belief, but know one thing; Paradise is there for the REPENTANT heart and not for the ones lost to sin. To truly be saved you must believe in Jesus Christ, confess your sins and ask for forgiveness and REPENT! I cannot stress this enough. If you do not REPENT you will not be among the saved as Jesus said so; not me!
 
Many years ago the Roman Catholic Church began to teach that Christ ‘died for our sins.’ Martin Luther dispelled that teaching only to have the church he founded fall back to that teaching after his death. John and Charles Wesley renewed the teaching of true Christianity only to have the church group they founded fall back to the RCC teachings. Every Protestant Denomination began to and continues to emulate the teaching of the RCC in that area.  But, fortunately there are Pastors and church groups that teach true Christianity. They are not of the RCC nor are they Protestant, they preach absolutely true Christianity.
 
For the first 18 years of my life I identified myself as Roman Catholic. I studied their Catechism and religious books. I attended a high school that was Roman Catholic and studied the books I was given. Not once, not a single time, did I ever receive a word of encouragement to read the Bible. Not one time! Then I attended various Protestant churches and every one of them taught ‘watered down’ Catholicism! They professed to hate Catholicism but taught a weak brand of the religion they claimed to hate! Then I attended Non-Denominational churches as continued to receive even a more ‘watered down’ version of Catholicism.
 
They, unlike the RCC taught from the Bible but taught in error as they took their base interpretation from the RCC!
 
I prayed and I prayed as I knew, deep in my heart, there was a way to worship God the way He wanted me to worship without the man made doctrines I had been confronted with. Well, He has answered my prayers and is showing me the way; His way, not the way of man. Now I hope that you will join me in my walk with Him. Why? You may ask. My answer is simple, you are one of the souls I hope to bring to Christ…that’s why!
 
Theft, adultery, cursing, blasphemy, covetousness, greed, avarice, envy, sloth, murder, and every other sin you can name exists here in this world. Say what you want but all of those sins remain here and are practiced by men and women daily. You are to accept the ‘new life’ granted by God as you were baptized and put all those sins behind you. To do that means, REPENT FROM SIN as you REPENT TO THE LORD!  
 
(Closing prayer)
 
Almighty God, our Refuge and Strength, we come to You with our praise and our worship. You are our God and we repent to You and from sin. Lord, forgive us when we fall and strengthen us as we fight the sins of the world. We confess to You Lord and ask that You forgive us.
 
Lord, You sent us Your Son, Jesus Christ to show us the way to Paradise . Through the teachings of men we remained blind to Your true Word. For that we ask forgiveness and ask that You guide us with Your Holy Spirit so we can walk the true path to life everlasting with You. Please Lord, hear our prayer.
 
Father, we ask that You give us the Words to be the messengers of Your Good News so that we can bring other souls to You. This is our duty and we accept our responsibility gladly. We thank You for entrusting us with Your Word.
 
Lord, we also ask that You continue to bless our military, our elected officials, our judges, security personnel, police and our many Christian brothers and sisters here on earth. We ask that You touch each heart with Your mighty Hand so upon hearing Your Word from our mouths they will believe.
 
In Jesus’ name we pray who is One with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever,
 
Amen, amen, and amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment