Wednesday, August 5, 2015

IS RUSSIA REPLACING THE U.S.A. AS THE WORLD'S POWER?

Submitted by: Donald Hank

Just recently it was reported that Putin had said he would not be helping Assad fight ISIS. I also checked the Russian-language sources and they said the same thing. Since Obama and the other Western powers had failed to make a breakthrough in their fight against ISIS, things seemed really bleak for the Christians and other minorities in Syria.

Yet this story was hard for me to swallow. This would have meant that ISIS had almost no resistance in its takeover of Syria. It also would have meant that Putin had sold out Assad. That did not seem possible. Putin simply does not abandon his allies. Besides, the Syrian government site, which I also visited today, did not show any hint of complaints or concerns about Putin or his loyalty. But wouldn't Assad be worried sick with the entire Western world out to get him even as ISIS carves up  his land? All of this made me suspect that a secret deal was being hatched.
 
Just hours later, I received the link shown below, which seems to confirm my hunch.
If my Middle East contacts Ghassan and Intibah Kadi have the true lowdown on what is really happening, ISIS could meet some real resistance soon.
 
It seems there have been high level meetings between the US, Iran, Russia, Syria and Saudi Arabia. I suspect that Putin has secretly brokered another deal, this time with the Saudis, persuading them to join the West and Syria in fighting ISIS. If that happens, ISIS could soon be history, although I caution everyone not to get too optimistic yet. We can only hope and pray.
 
At any rate, my friends at Intibah Wakeup have a breaking story for you that you will not want to miss. No Western source that we know of has reported this story so you are among the first to read it here in translation from the Arabic, thanks to that remarkable site:
 
Don Hank

No comments:

Post a Comment