Friday, May 8, 2015

NEVADA ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE NEEDS OUR HELP!

Dear Friends,
As you all know, I strongly believe that our legislative system needs to be more transparent. Nothing bothers me more than a candidate running for office on a set of values and then, once elected, turning against their word. There has been a lot of attention on Governor Brian Sandoval for his major tax flip-flop this session when he introduced Senate Bill 252.
Today, I would like to turn the spotlight to Senator Greg Brower for his massive change of heart regarding AB 148, campus carry. Earlier this week, the senator who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee informed me that he would not be hearing Assembly Bill 148. This is strange to me because in 2011 Senator Brower had no problem voting in favor of campus carry bill, SB 231. For a complete list of Senators who voted in favor of campus carry in 2011 click here.

Assembly Bill 148 is currently in the Senate Judiciary Committee awaiting a hearing. I brought this bill back this session because I believe that Nevadans should have the right to choose how to defend themselves. Although this bill has been nicknamed the campus carry bill, I would like to remind everyone that the bill will also allow concealed carrying in any public building that does not have a metal detector.
If you believe that we should honor our second amendment rights and support AB 148, please contact Senator Greg Brower today to urge him to stand by his Republican values and support AB 148. 
Senator Brower can be reached at 775-684-1419.
Saturday, tune into KDWN 720 AM from 9am -10am for “Walk the Talk with Michele Fiore”. We have a very exciting show this week. Assemblymen John Moore and Brent Jones will be joining me to talk about the unforeseen turn of events in the Republican-run Nevada government this session. We will also be talking about the Clark County School System’s failed audit, where they could not account for $381 million taxpayer dollars. Then, Assemblyman John Moore will be giving a first hand account of the uproar that occurred on the floor during the hearing of AB 91, regarding involuntary commitment. If you thought my outburst was bad, you won’t want to miss this!
I am dedicated to making sure you know what is going on here in Carson City. I believe that as elected officials we have a responsibility to be transparent and stay loyal to our running platforms. As for my fellow peers, if you can’t walk the talk, I will hold you accountable.
Yours truly,
Michele Fiore 

No comments:

Post a Comment