Saturday, March 14, 2015

SILVER STATE CONFIDENTIAL 03/14/2015

SPRING CLEANING

Sorry to have been out of the saddle with Silver State Confidential for so long, but a brutal travel schedule over the last three weeks to Alabama, Washington, DC, San Diego and Reno (for Thursday night’s fab Lincoln Day Dinner!) ate up a giga-amount of time.  Something had to give.

In addition, just before the trip I picked up a rather serious case of plantar fasciitis.  Pretty painful.  But fortunately, I’m on my feet again…both literally and figuratively.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…


Before the road trip began, I went on Amazon.com and bought “The 4-Hour Workweek” by Tim Ferriss and…wow, I wish I’d read this book ten years ago.  I had no idea how screwed up my work schedule and time management was!  As a result, some major changes behind the scenes have, and continue to take place. 

For example, after ten years I finally gave www.NevadaNewsandViews.com a major facelift.  In addition, we hired a new editor, Roelyn Larubis.

Roelyn has a B.S. in Information Technology and is in her third year of law school.  From 2009-11, she was editor-in-chief of her college school publication.  And she has taken to NN&V like the proverbial duck to water.

Did I mention that Roelyn lives in the Philippines?  Ain’t the Internet great?  Brave new world.

Anyway, if you have a column or article – preferably focused on Nevada – please send it to Roelyn at editor@nevadanewsandviews.com. 

And yes, a new-and-improved NN&V e-newsletter is in development and will launch sometime in the next couple of weeks – including a new “Letters to the Editor” section.

I’m also now accepting new advertisers.  For more information, click here

There are still a few more tweaks to do, but overall, this project is almost finished.  So I want to take this opportunity to thank Elizabeth Crane of Ranking Edge for handling the redesign with such speed, professionalism and expertise. 

If you need website work for your business or campaign, check her out by clicking here.

One last item…

After more than 20 years of doing politics full-time and the Big Red Wave last November, I was seriously planning to stop writing and publishing Silver State Confidential and moving on to some new projects.  After all, with Republicans not only fully in charge of Congress, but fully in charge of the Nevada Legislature – and with conservatives seemingly in charge of the state Assembly – what could go wrong, right? 

Indeed, I was fully prepared to pull the plug immediately after the November elections.

Ah, the best laid plans.

Of course, the Republican Assembly Caucus leadership fight – including Chris “Let’s Make a Deal” Edwards’ “Wiregate” probe and the Recall Hambrick project – left me with more things to write about than you could shake a stick at.  Details and behind-the-scenes intrigue and machinations that no other publication in Nevada, especially the mainstream media, was covering.

So I figured I’d just continue until April 1st…the four-year anniversary of the launch of Silver State Confidential…and then move on.

But thanks to finding Roelyn, as well as a new Virtual Assistant named Jay Chauhan in Bangalore, India, I think I’m going to be able to continue SSC after all. 

Actually, it’s going to be part of a new Citizen Outreach program that’s being developed right now…and you’ll get all the details by the end of the month.

In the meantime, when I *tried* to stop publishing SSC last November, I screwed up my subscriber database in the email system.  As such a couple of lists that weren’t supposed to be getting Silver State Confidential – since SSC is a paid publication – were added to my paid subscriber list. 

So a number of you have been enjoying SSC for the last couple of months for FREE.

Jay is in the process of sorting that out.  So consider the last several weeks an extended “try before you buy” period…and I hope you’ll want to continue subscribing once we re-launch.  No more free rides!  I mean, it’s not like we’re a bunch of liberals here, right?  :)

Anyway, my version of “spring cleaning” is almost finished, and I just wanted to let you all know what’s been going on.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program.

Coming up…

A few of you saw and forwarded to me a transcript from Glenn Beck’s show this week about my friend Grover Norquist, the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the Muslim Brotherhood.  I’ll have a full report this week, probably on Monday. 

In the meantime, suffice it to say that (a) this is an old story and (b) completely and demonstrably untrue. 

Unfortunately, Mr. Beck got “punked” by a guy suffering from what appears to be serious case clinical obsession. 

Stay tuned, Batfans…

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

“Nobody is going to support you. You are done, dead, you're finished." – Republican Assembly Majority Leader Paul Anderson to conservative freshman Republican Assemblyman John Moore in a heated stairwell confrontation after Moore’s vote in committee to kill the school bond rollover tax hike


HOW TO SUBSCRIBE

Silver State Confidential is an email newsletter on Nevada politics, public policy and current events published (usually) daily by Chuck Muth, Nevada's #1 Renegade Conservative and the man voted "Most Likely to Irritate Liberals!"  Click on the link below for subscription information…

Subscribe Now 1


No comments:

Post a Comment