Friday, January 9, 2015

SUPPORT A CHRISTIAN!!! STOP CHRISTIAN BASHING!!!




January 09, 2015

Dear Conservatives,
Religious liberty is dangling by a thread over a raging fire of government intolerance!
After more than 30 years of distinguished public service as a firefighter, Atlanta's Fire and Rescue Chief, Kelvin Cochran was fired for his religious beliefs by Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed.
I know you are thinking that simply is not possible in America. Think again. Chief Cochran was fired because of a book that he self-published for a men's Bible study at his church even though he had gained permission from the city's ethic's department. The reason? One page in the 160-page book discussed sexual immorality, including homosexuality, which the mayor called discriminatory.

Chief Cochran said, "I am heartbroken that I will no longer be able to serve the city and the people I love as fire chief, for no reason other than my Christian faith. It's ironic that the city points to tolerance and inclusion as part of its reasoning. What could be more intolerant and exclusionary than ending a public servant's 30 years of distinguished service for his religious beliefs? The most baffling thing is that I had permission to write my book and I was exonerated of discriminating against anyone.
"This happened to me," the Chief continued, "but it's really not about me. It's a warning to every American that freedom of speech and freedom of religion are hanging by a thread, which will snap if we don't fight to preserve these cherished protections."
The Chief is right! This idea that you have to surrender your First Amendment rights and check your faith at the door of public service is wrong, and we cannot let it stand.
Please join me signing our petition to Stand with the Chief -- let's put on notice the Atlanta mayor, and others like him who would extinguish religious expression from the public square. This kind of government intimidation has no place in a free society.
Sincerely,

Tony Perkins
President
P.S. Please forward this email to at least one friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment