Monday, December 15, 2014

ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT 12/15/2014

Friends,

It never ceases to amaze me how much misinformation gets around. Rather than have people tell me what’s in our state budget, I decided to read every one of the 6,400+ pages myself along with a team of experts. I don’t believe in voting for legislation before we get to see what’s inside. As I get more information about our budget, I will be sharing it with you so we can all have the facts before we vote on the new state budget next year.

Speaking of the budget, I urge you to not believe everything you hear. There are people who want to create a myth that we’re up for a big fight next year. Of course I will fight for the people of Assembly District 4 and all of Nevada; however, we don’t have a proposal or the facts just yet. I’m committed to working with Governor Sandoval and our peers in the State Senate to pass common-sense legislation for the people of Nevada.

I’m very excited about our legislative agenda. Most of our Bill Draft Requests (BDRs) have been submitted and will be up on the Nevada Legislature website soon if they’re not already. I will be sharing more information as we move forward drafting the bills that will be introduced when the 78th Session begins in February. We do have a few more BDRs that we will submit in February, so if you have any ideas or see any areas where we need to improve our government, please send me a message.

Finally, please mark your calendars to join me tomorrow morning on Alan Stock, AM 720 KDWN. His show goes from 6am to 9am, and I'll be on around 7:45am. We're going to discuss all of the many things that have been going on. I will also be setting the record straight about the attacks against me by people who want to create conflict in our legislature. You can click here to listen online.

We have a lot of work to do to prepare for the legislative session, and that's where my focus is. I will be in touch with more updates soon.
Yours truly, 
 
Michele Fiore 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment