Tuesday, July 22, 2014

ASSEMBLYWOMAN (4) MICHELE FIORE'S SUN (newspaper) DAY

Friends,

I wasn’t sure what to expect when Las Vegas Sun reporter Kyle Roerink asked to not just write a story about me but also follow me for a day with cameraman Sam Morris. Kyle certainly captured my choice of abandoning PC (Political Correctness) as well as how much of my heart I give to our district. I find being politically correct all the time can become a form of suppression of our freedom of speech. You can read his whole story, “A True Nevada Political Rise” by Kyle Roerink, by clicking here or pick up this week’s Sunday Magazine.

Let me share with you some of the background behind that story.



We started our 13-hour day early on the Alan Stock radio show. You know me, I’ll share my truths, and I welcome the discussions and debates about the real issues facing our district, state and country. That day on the Alan Stock show we talked a lot about Bundy Ranch and the BLM.
After we finished the radio interview, we traveled back to my house so I could introduce Kyle and Sam to my horses and my dogs. While in my home we connected up with a group of volunteers on their way out to knock on doors in the district, and I was able to return some phone calls.
From there we attended the F.I.O.R.E. Club luncheon, a meeting at the Italian American Social Club. As someone who takes her pasta very seriously, I was honored to be invited to speak to the members of the F.I.O.R.E. club. I love those guys!
We stopped in for a meeting with my attorney Craig Mueller to discuss a bill I am working on for the next legislative session and we also popped by my accountant’s office JD’s Tax and Financial solutions to go over my business’ books.
Finally, it was time to pickup my grandson Jake from preschool before a meeting with constituents Brian and Valerie Wilson at my home. My door is always open because I work for you.
Our day ended with a ravioli dinner with my mom, Lill Fiore. I’m glad Kyle and Sam made the time to visit the woman whose influence, guidance, love and pure drive made me the woman that I am.
Throughout the day we talked a lot about the Nevada Legislature, the legislation I hope to bring forward and the challenges ahead. 
I’m sure you’ll hear a lot of things about that interview and the profile story Kyle penned; the difference between what’s written by Kyle verses media hoopla is that Kyle and Sam actually spent time with me to learn and see what I sincerely do on a daily basis. Kyle, Sam and I spent 13 hours together. 
I hope Kyle and Sam will join us for one of our constituent pasta dinners at my home and share with us the parts he didn’t write!

All my love,
Michele Fiore

No comments:

Post a Comment