Saturday, January 11, 2014

ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE EXTENDS AN INVITATION

Friends, 
Family is the most important thing to me, and I’ve learned from having two daughters that some of the most heated debates we have are around the dinner table. That’s what inspired me to invite my Assembly District 4 family to my dinner table throughout the year. I enjoy breaking bread with my neighbors, and I love the conversations we have because we learn about each other and how we can make our community better.
The overwhelming message I receive at these dinners is disbelief that an elected official would care enough to invite the district to her home for dinner. My response: get used to it because I work for you.

It’s an election year again, and before we get inundated with mail and phone calls, I wanted to remind you that my door is always open. When you hear a rumor, call me. When you disagree with me, come to my home for dinner. Let’s talk it out, just like a family would.
Expect to hear a lot from me this year. We have a lot to be proud of in our community, like the amazing coat and food drive you made successful, and we have a lot of things to work on, including a few very tough issues on the ballot next year. I will tell you what I think because I want you to have the facts, and I want you to ask me questions. If you think I’m wrong, I want to hear that too.
I’m looking forward to another great year of politics and pasta dinners. Are you ready?
See you soon!
Yours truly, 
Michele Fiore
 

No comments:

Post a Comment