Tuesday, July 23, 2013

MY LETTER TO LAS VEGAS NEWPAPERS

I have a strong concern that effects every American. If you are a Conservative, Liberal, Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Independent or whatever you should be just as concerned as I am.

As a resident of North Las Vegas I often awake to the sounds of Air Force fighter jets or military transports taking off from Nellis AFB. I walk my two pups and watch as numerous military aircraft either in take off mode or in their landing pattern pass above. I find the healthy sounds of their engines comforting rather tan a disturbance.

For some three weeks I have seen three military aircraft in flight. Three?

I have witnessed flights of six, eight, two and numerous early warning multi-engined as they begin their flight or complete their landing pattern.

What is happening? What possible excuse can anyone use to explain the recent cessation of flights that are a piece of the very backbone of our national defense?

It is the duty of our government to provide defense of this nation. All other programs are secondary to a strong national defense.

The Chinese have launched aircraft carriers. North Korea has submarines that are detectable if our military is on an alert. But, I fear America is being distracted from noticing that with a quiet airspace our guard is down and trouble may be just over the horizon.

Anyone other than me concerned?

Lee S Gliddon Jr
North Las Vegas, NV 89084

No comments:

Post a Comment