Wednesday, July 24, 2013

ASSEMBLYWOMAN MICHELE FIORE JULY2103 NEWSLETTER

Friends,

I hope you're enjoying summer and the hot weather in Las Vegas!

I've been incredibly busy as your Assemblywoman these last few weeks, so here's a quick update on all the great things that are happening in our community:

Carpenter 1 Fire - The fire was started by a lightning strike on July 1st and has burned more than 27,000 acres. The fire is now more than 95% contained and is expected to burn itself out in some of the most dangerous and remote areas. Our fire teams came from around the nation, worked 16-hour days, and logged 80,000 man-hours to get this fire under control. It is times like this that remind me how fortunate we are to have such skilled and dedicated firefighters who will put their lives on the line to protect our communities.


Newly Elected CCRP Officers
Newly Elected CCRP Officers
Clark County GOP
Election -
I had the privilege
to attend the
Clark County GOP election last week where the group selected their leaders for the next election. The Republican Women's groups were organized and effective in electing the new leaders. I love the buttons they were all wearing, "Women = Results". I especially want to thank Cindy Lake and all of the officers for their service, and I look forward to working with the new leadership team to build unity.


Graduating Class
Clark County Correctional Department Graduation - I'm honored to have attended the graduation and swearing in of Clark County's newest correctional officers, including my son-in-law, Cody Bonner. State Senator Ruben Kihuen, Director Greg Cox and Warden Brian Williams were also in attendance.

These are only a few highlights from these very busy weeks. I'm out in our community nearly every day, so I look forward to seeing you soon.

Yours truly,


Michele Fiore  
Michele Fiore

No comments:

Post a Comment