Friday, May 17, 2013

HOLDER - LIKE OBAMA, HE IS USELESS AS A LEADER


Eric Holder: idiot zen master

by Jon Rappoport
May 17, 2013


In his recent testimony before Congress, US Attorney General Eric Holder, the so-called highest law-enforcement officer in the land, responded to questions about the AP scandal.

Holder's Justice Dept. had secretly subpoenaed and seized the phone records of Associated Press reporters.

Holder stated he didn't know anything about anything, because he had recused himself from the issue and recused himself from the new internal DOJ investigation of the matter.

What?


Huh?

His own agency, the US Dept. of Justice, had spied secretly on reporters. But he, Holder, the head of that agency, decided to remain entirely ignorant about the whole fiasco, once he discovered the vague outline of what was going on.

This is like the manager of a car agency learning that 50 new cars in his lot have packets of heroin in their glove compartments, and immediately withdrawing to Bermuda for a fishing vacation.

The Congressional committee then asked Holder about the new internal DOJ investigation of itself vis-a-vis the AP scandal. Holder said he wasn't absolutely sure about that either, because, again, he had recused himself.

This is like that car-agency manager sitting in his boat in Bermuda and putting a blindfold over his eyes and plugs in his ears.

Why did Holder recuse himself? Unasked, unanswered. That in itself is staggering.

Possibly, he recused himself because he might be a target of the ensuing investigation into the scandal. In other words, he needed to avoid the appearance of being in charge of his own agency, from which position he could, theoretically, let himself off the hook?!?!

In that case, his power is decimated. He's a sitting duck. He's nobody.

Some unit of the Justice Department is tasked with figuring out how and why the DOJ spied on reporters---and who is to say that unit is automatically free from political influence and corruption? Who is to say that unit will do an honest job and indict employees of the DOJ?

In other words, it's a no-win situation. Doesn't matter who, at the Dept. of Justice, does or doesn't recuse himself. Holder could have kept his head in the game and pushed the internal investigation himself. But he didn't.

He's the village idiot. He doesn't know anything about anything.

The press doesn't gang up and attack him hard.

Listen, Mr. Holder. We're not buying your recusal or your ignorance. You're the man in charge. You're the boss. If you don't know what's going on, what good are you?”

Mr. Holder, when exactly did you okay the secret seizing of AP reporters' phone records? We know you did. When was it?”

What? You never did okay the spying and seizing, Mr. Holder? You mean you, the boss, didn't know what was happening on your watch? Your people feel no need to get your approval for a major op like this?”

We're camping out on your doorstep until we get some real answers.”

NONE of this has happened. The press has whined and complained, and that's about it.

I don't know who put all those packets of heroin in the new cars, and I don't want to know. Maybe somebody thinks I OKed it, and they'll investigate me. So it's my duty to remain as ignorant as I can about the whole thing, to preserve neutrality and integrity...”

Holder is saying that any knowledge he might have, but doesn't, about the original plan to spy on reporters, about the actual spying, about the aftermath of the spying, and about the new internal investigation into the spying...any knowledge on these subjects could make him INFORMED, and therefore, better able to lie now to investigators, if he were so disposed, which of course he isn't.

Right? Got it? Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? Irrefutable logic. No problem. Let's all take a nap.

Imagine if this happened. A few months after 9/11, the director of the CIA appears before 9/11 Commission and states the following:

Ladies and gentlemen, I've intentionally kept myself entirely ignorant about what the Agency knew leading up to 9/11, what the Agency found out on the day of 9/11, and what the Agency has learned since 9/11. I exist in a pristine state about all these matters, because if you investigate me for malfeasance, I want to be able to say, unequivocally, that I haven't been tainted by actual knowledge, which I could then twist to my own advantage. And I haven't covered myself with lies, because I have no idea what the truth is. I trust you understand this. I trust you understand the sacrifice I've made in order to help you arrive at the truth. It has not been easy watching sports 24/7 and keeping myself from the news of the day. I have suffered. But I do it because I'm a patriot. You're welcome.”

Holder actually believes we're buying his act?

Well, I hate to say this, but he does. He thinks he can get over. He thinks he can slither through and around and over the press.

And he's probably right, judging by what the press has and hasn't done so far.

The man is a towering liar and fabricator. He's all lies all the way up and down.

Can't the committee before whom he's testifying at least fall down laughing, because they're seeing a man like them working his act?

Wow, Eric, I thought I'd been witness to some major bullshit in my time, but you're in another league. I've told some tall tales, but this, this pose of see no evil, it's championship material. Really. You've taken me to school. I'm awed. Where do I sign up? I need what you've got. I really do. You're pushing Bill Clinton for the heavyweight belt.”

Holder: “I can't comment on that comment or anything else. I'm merely saying I have no knowledge or understanding of anything, and I've achieved this state of mind on purpose. Therefore, I'm clean. I'm a machine carefully built to specs of ignorance, a machine with no function. In that sense, I'm perfect.”

We may be seeing the greatest bureaucratic ploy in the history of the democracy.

Imagine a million bureaucrats like him. Each one defers to the other, who in turn expresses the same across-the-board Zero. At the end of it, the apparatus spits out a blank piece of paper and everybody goes home.

Yes, government is wonderful. It's cosmically zen. It's what we all want.

Life without life.

To top it off, Obama, at his press conference yesterday, said he has full confidence in Holder. Meaning: Obama is sure Holder will remain a blank slate.

I have full confidence that the man who is running the Department of Justice isn't running it. He's staring at the wall. That's what I want him to do.”

Recusal, the actual version, works like this. A lawyer who once represented a client suing a chemical company for damage is now an appeals judge. Another case involving the same company comes up for review. The judge backs out. He says, “I once went up against the company in court, so I won't get involved now.”

What Holder is doing is from another planet. He's found a way to take the Fifth without admitting he has anything to incriminate himself about.

Mr. Jones, were you at the restaurant on the night of the murder?”

I recuse myself from answering that question.”

What?”

I don't want to give the impression that I have any knowledge about the murder.”

But you're on trial for the murder, sir.”

Yes, and that in itself is prejudicial. Do you see? Aspersions about my character and actions have been cast. I wish to remove myself from the possibility of such accusations.”

You can't. That's why you're here. We suspect you of committing murder.”

I recuse myself.”

Are you invoking your Fifth Amendment rights?”

Absolutely not. That would imply I have some knowledge about the crime. I reject that characterization.”

You Honor, the witness is unresponsive. Please instruct him to answer my original question.”

As a judge, I find the defendant's posture of recusal interesting. I think we'll let him go with a warning and a small fine. Three hours of community service in the White House, for which he'll earn seven thousand dollars an hour. Court is adjourned.”

Jon Rappoport

No comments:

Post a Comment