Thursday, April 11, 2013

SENATOR DEAN HELLER FIGHTS FOR HIS CONSTITUENTS


Heller on S. 649: Let’s Have the Debate

(Washington, D.C.) – U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-NV) today voted in favor of moving debate forward on S. 649, the Firearms Bill.  Following the vote, Senator Heller issued this statement:
"Let me be very clear. As a strong supporter and bold defender of the Second Amendment, I refuse to compromise Nevadans' constitutional rights. It is because of my solid support for the Second Amendment that I am not afraid of having this debate. I remain staunchly opposed to any proposal that would create a national gun registry or would infringe upon Nevadans’ ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights. At the same time, I do think it’s important to explore ways to keep guns out of the hands of felons and the mentally ill. As the deliberative body, let’s move forward with an open debate and give Americans an opportunity to better understand where their representatives in Washington stand on this issue,” said Senator Dean Heller. 
Follow Senator Heller on Facebook
On Twitter @SenDeanHeller
And on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment